IMBA Trail Summit

Dirtyhip

It was totally awesome!!!!!!

The IMBA people loved our town.  They mentioned that the dirt where we were building was primo dirt.  The also were stoked at the amount of involvement and people that were participating.  They said it was one of the best trail events that they have done.  Maybe they say that to all the pretty towns.  ;)

Anyway, we are all charged up. Things are happening and it's fantastic. We built a big section of trail today and it has some sick features in it. One berm we built is nice and sturdy with rocks at the base as a retaining wall.   We worked in the windy cold weather and finished up in the rain.  It was such a solid day.  I am proud of the work we did.  I look forward to riding the new trail on Spence mountain.  The dirt is fricken amazing up there.  It packs down so much better than the dirt in the park we usually ride in.

Just totally stoked here.   :2:  

• Heart 2

Oh, and another thing... They showed a slide of the CCCs doing work back in the day and I thought of my Grandfather.  He is no longer alive, but I imagine that he would be proud to see me following in his footsteps of this type of community work.  Trail is in my blood.  He build trail up in the PNW when he was my age.  Most of his work is in Washington strate. I have pics of him working around large old growth trees in Washington.

I loved my Grandfather.

• Heart 2

Sounds amazing. I wish we had that type of community for our cycling here.

We do have our moments when the local people anger me.  My favorite thing is when people say "Someone needs to get out here and fix these trails."  Then,when you ask them to help they say..."I don't have time. I am too busy riding"  

Lately, it has been better,and I try to stay away from those that act that way. I wish everyone that used the trails would donate just one day a year.  Some of those with children blame having kids.  They say "You have time. You don't have kids."  But, everyone is busy.  Just because we are childless doesn't mean we should be a trail slave for everyone.

Yesterday made me feel good though. It recharged me to have more people than trail tools. That rarely happens.

There is always going to be the skaters when work needs to be done, but isn't it interesting how strong thier opinions are?

Anyway...good for you and your trail buddies. It can be fun to be involved with something.