LED PSA

donkpow
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

25 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Standard LED bulbs can interfere with garage door opener remote control. This was not known to me until this very day. I took advantage of this new found knowledge and made a title in all caps. Not bold, though. That would be over the top.

Is it the remote operation impacted or interference with the 'anti-crush them with the closing door' sensor?

I have issues if the sun is shining on my ACTWtCD receiving sensor.

• Heart 1

Just now, 2Far said:

Is it the remote operation impacted or interference with the 'anti-crush them with the closing door' sensor?

I have issues if the sun is shining on my ACTWtCD receiving sensor.

I had to build blinders for mine out of L brackets and some downspout adapters.

• Heart 2

No, uh, pretty sure. I'll be testing over the next few days to confirm. Let's say you let the door down but you want to stop it short so that the cats can run in and out while you are working in the yard. This hasn't been working right with the new opener. This is what I think is happening. When you command the door to close, the built in light illuminates. Then you place an additional command while the door is moving with the light illuminated. No bueno, the door keeps going. Take the bulb out and repeat the operation, viola, Bob's your uncle.

And I wish that jsharr fellow would stop trying to jack my thread. It's a PSA, not a sandbox.

• Solution
6 minutes ago, donkpow said:

No, uh, pretty sure. I'll be testing over the next few days to confirm. Let's say you let the door down but you want to stop it short so that the cats can run in and out while you are working in the yard. This hasn't been working right with the new opener. This is what I think is happening. When you command the door to close, the built in light illuminates. Then you place an additional command while the door is moving with the light illuminated. No bueno, the door keeps going. Take the bulb out and repeat the operation, viola, Bob's your uncle.

And I wish that jsharr fellow would stop trying to jack my thread. It's a PSA, not a sandbox.

45 Lovely Color Pics of Tuesday Weld in the 1960s ~ Vintage Everyday