A very cold morning test session.

maddmaxx

It was 37 degf during the test and the asphalt wasn't very much hotter as there was little sun.  These first test results are for Jumpin jack Flash the gasser class car.  I'd like to see results of 3.5 or better but this was not with the best battery and slightly overweight with the gps package on board for the data.  The runs were consistent and straight.  All this car needs is the better battery and some adjustments in the launch delay timing when tested with a full christmas tree and timing system.

IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.a9ac9f65bb1626179f58fb6f1207b1e9.JPGIMG_0280.thumb.JPG.349c93a1383aea220c34e7d20809349e.JPG

• Heart 2

The second set of tests were for MaxxSpeed Da Judge.  Same weather and a bit more tire slippage at launch.  This car can get faster with small adjustments but I need to keep it simple and consistent as this car is probably going to run as a bracket car.  This is the former outlaw chassis and body with a 13.5 motor that was laying on the back of the workbench

IMG_0276.thumb.JPG.90cb0f6c924d1d3fe15375147f7eb2fb.JPGIMG_0270.thumb.JPG.40511ec87cad776642e1b3226e1ce468.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, BR46 said:

Do you have to rejet the carb for cold temperatures like I do?:whistle:

No but I would warm the batteries if it were race day instead of test sessions.  We lose power when the batteries are cold and the guys with the hot cars are skating on ice when the track is this cold.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Are you gonna duct tape a ginormous wing to Da Judge? 

Da Judge already has a ginormous wing.  At the speeds my cars run it's not necessary.  It just looks cool and makes the bracket car runners complain that their class is for amateurs.  I smile and say that I too am an amateur.