I don't know why I put myself through this

BR46

I was at Home Depot and decided stopped at Buffalo Wilde Wings for lunch. 

I don't know why....they are not friendly like the corner neighborhood bar. They are over priced, noisy and with 200 TVs you think (motorcycle) racing could be on one of them. 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I stopped ordering wings about two years ago when the prices on them escalated to $20/dozen in most local restaurants. Chicken wing shortage was claimed, and yet I’ve not seen those prices normalize since peak COVID.  So now I order a buffalo chicken sandwich which uses chicken breast, at half the price.

Can get 4 rotisserie chickens at Walmart for $20 

• Heart 4

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Because every turducken has a fried chicken already stuffed inside a duck?

Maybe.  When I managed the boat rental, there was a group of people from a local night club that spent a lot of time at the lake and hung out at our dock.  They always had a bucket of fried chicken and would throw the bones to the ducks, who would go to town on them.  Seemed a bit cannibalistic in an eating your cousin for lunch sort of way.

I once used Cheetos Puffs to lure a herd of ducks into the bosses office and then shut the door.

Good times.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I don't know why....they are not friendly like the corner neighborhood bar. They are over priced, noisy and with 200 TVs you think (motorcycle) racing could be on one of them. 

I was in Brainerd MN on my bike trip in 2009 and tried a BWW. I had to scold a young blonde lady for eating her wings with a knife and fork. She said “I don’t want want to get my hands messy”. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I was in Brainerd MN on my bike trip in 2009 and tried a BWW. I had to scold a young blonde lady for eating her wings with a knife and fork. She said “I don’t want want to get my hands messy”. 

My response would have been, “Well you won’t be happy when they come out the other side”

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BR46 said:

That place is enjoyable when not many people are there. I've ridden the fatso there a few times in the summer, and sat at the patio bar. But I agree that inside can be a zoo. Also, I've never seen curling or cycling on at BW3 :(

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

25 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I was never a big fan of wings.  I do love those little drumettes and they are $4.97 for 5 lbs. at Walmart. There are great recipes for hot & spicy, brown sugar-barbeque, ranch, etc. coated drumettes, but I'm afraid I'll be tempted to nibble on them throughout the evening hot or cold.  So two thighs or a leg quarter with dinner is all for me.

The pandemic has adjusted my habits so I've learned fast ways of making fast food at home - for a fraction of the price - and restaurants are reserved for getting together with family or friends for lunch or dinner.

Restaurants, even before the past year's inflation, were getting to the point where their oversized meal prices were not much different than sub shop or pizzeria prices so the few fast-food visits I make mostly goes to them.  I haven't had a fast-food burger, fries, etc. in 2022 except on March 19th when I was keeping company with my nephew Adam while his parents went to see Alice Cooper.  He wanted to go to Checkers and try the new "Fry Seasoned Tenders" large combo and I got a Chili Dog plus the single "Cheese Champ" (single) burger large combo.  It cost me $29.86!  There were, at most, $5 worth of food in the meals.

image.thumb.png.35c657c2aa9704ffe63f000bf7dfd42d.png,

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I used to fly with a guy that only ate chicken wings on the road.  He said he wasn't allowed to eat them at home because it made his wife sick.  Not the wings, the sight and sound of him sucking the meat off the bones.  She had a good point.  :) 

Which is why wing joints have 300 tv's to distract the patrons and keep them from hurling up spicy fried chicken as they watch each other 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2