Tell me about HULU.

sheep_herder

We just cut our cable and HULU is what we now use to watch TV.  A bit clunky if you are used to cable TV, at least on our TV.  Have to turn on the TV, go to the apps, select Hulu, then navigate to live TV and then find the program.   Probably not too bad for a youngster, but I am an old dog and new tricks get harder each year.

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We just cut or cable and HULU is what we now use to watch TV.  A bit clunky if you are used to cable TV, at least on our TV.  Have to turn on the TV, go to the apps, select Hulu, then navigate to live TV and then find the program.   Probably not too bad for a youngster, but I am an old dog and new tricks get harder each year.

Can you just watch on your computer? Our router and smart tv are not talking right now.

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We just cut or cable and HULU is what we now use to watch TV.  A bit clunky if you are used to cable TV, at least on our TV.  Have to turn on the TV, go to the apps, select Hulu, then navigate to live TV and then find the program.   Probably not too bad for a youngster, but I am an old dog and new tricks get harder each year.

same here, it's working well.  But I do think the people who designed the app don't actually use it.  Could be MUCH more friendly!

On the dumb TV with a Chromecast, open the Hulu app, find the show cast it.  On the smart TV, open the Roku Remote app, go to Hulu, find the show.  We also access it through Peacock, often the voice command will take us directly to our program

But Hulu gets us pretty much everything cable used to

• Thank You 1

1 week free trial. That's all you need to know. Next week, Yahoo TV free trial, followed by...

Sorry to hear about you router and smart TV issue. Would be nice on big screen, but with user name / password should be able to set up on computer. 

• Thank You 1

Hulu replaced cable for us. Not quite the bargain it used to be, but still cheaper than cable and a better selection of channels we want. DVR option is a little clunky but it works. It works great from a laptop or PC. I did that a lot when I had to work Saturdays at my old employer. 
We use Apple TV units at home. For the most part, it works well, but we have to restart the AppleTV every few days if we are watching a lot. There is a known memory issue. Apple isn’t too worried about it. They hope you’ll use more of the Apple TV app. 

• Thank You 1

15 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Can you just watch on your computer? Our router and smart tv are not talking right now.

Yes.  You can sign in on a laptop, ipad, computer even iphone.  I have watched a lot of shows on my iphone especially sporting events.  We can pull it up on the smart tv in the camper if we have wifi at the campground.  I am a fan of hulu.  We have had it for several years now.  

• Thank You 1

Our Smart TV’s are so old the have lost their memory. Sometimes the Wi-Fi connection can be temperamental where in the living room I actually ran a Cat6 cable for semi-direct connection (paired an old router as remote for full house Wi-Fi, but used it’s LAN output for hard wire to TV). Back in bedroom is Panasonic plasma which tells you how old it is (but still newer than living room TV). Recently re-linked Wi-fi to Panasonic to update firmware. Looked at Viera Smart menu and  was sad as almost all icons had disappeared with “holder” icon throughout the 3 pages. 

For all TV’s I use either Roku or Apple TV attached to a specific input on the TV for Smart function. While I rely on OTA antenna as primary, I subscribe to BritBox and receive Netflix free with T-Mobile plan, and of course Amazon Prime. With Apple TV I generally AirPlay from IPad if something unique not otherwise available - occasionally the broadcaster blocks the Airplay linkage.

No.

As for Hulu, not sure how much it costs, Verizon gives it to us "free".  It comes with Disney and ESPN+.

I started watching MASH while riding in the basement.  There are like a million episodes, so it will take me at least the whole year.

We have the lower version, did I mention Hulu is soooooooooo full of commercials?

Anyhow, it's free, I get to watch MASH, all is well.

• Thank You 1