I'm home

SuzieQ

hey, you could have broken up the trip and stayed over at Nateland

there's acres of places to stay. You could stay down in the swamp flats, they're great once the ground freezes. There's the thicket on the backside of  the ridge if you like your privacy. If its excitement you're after there's always the cave

we got lots of vacancies right now for some reason. Probably that story on 60 minutes. But you could have about had your pick of prime tent pitching locations, or you could just sleep under the stars. That's marketing speak for shivering on the wet ground wondering what that noise was.

anyway, glad you got back safe.

hey, you could have broken up the trip and stayed over at Nateland

there's acres of places to stay. You could stay down in the swamp flats, they're great once the ground freezes. There's the thicket on the backside of  the ridge if you like your privacy. If its excitement you're after there's always the cave

we got lots of vacancies right now for some reason. Probably that story on 60 minutes. But you could have about had your pick of prime tent pitching locations, or you could just sleep under the stars. That's marketing speak for shivering on the wet ground wondering what that noise was.

anyway, glad you got back safe.

Thanks for that very enticing offer!  I went through Nateland (where I left my mark) on my way down to Asheville, but I left the south from Greensboro so had the horrendous drive through DC etc

Instead of driving, you should have flown. Then only your arms would be tired.

the last time I was in Asheville I flew, and my return trip door to door took me over ten hrs, that's why I decided to drive this time. :)

Glad you got back safe. How was the trip? Did you work the metal floss, clearing out the debris?

The trip was wonderful, the Blue Ridge Parkway is beautiful, the training was more than I expected and seeing my daughter was heartwarming.

Yes, I worked the mental floss and cleared a lot of debris.  Quite amazing really, but my last day of the training I had an huge light bulb moment..... one of those where it lit up that darkened part of my mind, and all the pieces fell into place.  It was really a hindsight moment, but we learn a lot from those!

from Greensboro so had the horrendous drive through DC etc

just in case you are going that way again, if you think going through DC/Baltimore is the answer, then it's probably a stupid question. US 15 is a much nicer drive, takes less time, way less traffic and probably is even a little shorter. This is the route that locals take. Alot of people actually commute to the DC area and live in southern PA. You get alot more house for that 300K here than you do in Maryland.

Even if you came up I-83, you went right by Nateland.  We;re located off of PA Exit 32 on I-83. We're the Keystone State. There is no way to go from New York and the North East to any point south on the Atlantic coast without going right through here.

Now I know you would rather wrestle a wet weasel in a burlap sack than visit me, but if you want to bypass the Baltimore/DC area look up US-15 through Maryland. Takes you right to I-81 and I-83 well north of the beltway

• Heart 1

Yes, I worked the mental floss and cleared a lot of debris. Quite amazing really, but my last day of the training I had an huge light bulb moment..... one of those where it lit up that darkened part of my mind, and all the pieces fell into place. It was really a hindsight moment, but we learn a lot from those!

so what did you figure out? that you can't define yourself in terms of a relationship with some idiot?