My new Rolls Royce of Lawn/Sports/Camping Chairs

MickinMD

I've been trying to decide if I should get a lawn chair to replace the one I lost in the fire.  I just decided and ordered it.

I always used it to watch nephews playing outdoor sports, but my last nephew playing team sports now plays mostly in stadiums with seats - instead of the fans sitting near the sidelines of park fields.  Still, there are bound to be times I'll use it so I ordered it.

The chair I love is about twice the price of decent ones that are occasionally on-sale at Bass Pro Shops, etc. but since it's going to last years, an extra $40 or so is worth it because it's very comfortable in which to sit for long periods, it's good to 400 lbs, and its canopy and extra shade flaps are easy to adjust - see the video below.

It's the Renetto Original Canopy Chair 3rd Generation "Tailgate edition" for $79.95 plus $9.95 for the attachable shades which I like for keeping me out of the sun and rain and can be detached and stuffed in chair pockets on cloudy days.  They also have other attachable stuff I don't need like a foot stool and mosquito netting.  It all folds up and snaps into a fairly light, easy to carry rectangular prism with over-the-shoulder straps.

I searched "renetto" coupon ("MARCHMADNESS") online and found one for 10% ($8.99) and probably expires soon, so I ordered it today.  There was $21.56 shipping and I paid $102.47 minus the 2% cash-back my credit card with give me, so just over $100.

They now have it in light, cooler colors - my last one was a darker blue like the one in the video below and I'm going with the "cool gray" version pictured below they now have, even though it will pick up a dirty look faster.  The front of the canopy can be adjusted so it's pointing slightly up - which I need for a clear view of the playing field being 6'3".

Compare it the 250 lb max. $76.95 chair on Amazon and it's clear the extra $23 for the Renetto chair is worth it.

329955110_CoolGraySetupwithsideflaps-400lbmax3_31_22.jpg.bb141b4d833d2ce6f5f7606f1fc7eaa7.jpg348894192_CoolGrayFoldedstrapsside3_31_22.JPG.3da19cc2adc6c0b050254b6edbc90d7f.JPG164517174_Poor250lbmaxcompetitor76_95.thumb.JPG.4e6a6fbfa341093a8930cf6c886dba51.JPG

Here's how easy it is to set up and adjust:

• Awesome 3

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Here is my camp chair.  Weighs 3.6 lbs, folds to 18" x 6" x 6" and straps to the side of my camping backpack

71Qcj4jv+sL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

717zr+65R-L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

Sure, it’s lightweight and very portable while backpacking. But you can’t double fist in it. Double fisting while watching other people do things is where it’s at. People pay top dollar. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Sure, it’s lightweight and very portable while backpacking. But you can’t double fist in it. Double fisting while watching other people do things is where it’s at. People pay top dollar. 

I am lightweight and I do not fist at all.  But whatever turns your crank sister.

Very nice.  I like those.  they are well built.  

Since I am somewhat of an expert on sitting at kid's games and around faars allow me to retort....

By far the best chair that I have owned.  There are different styles.  This one suits me the best.   We probably own 6 between the camper and the ball park chairs. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/gci-outdoor-freestyle-rocker-mesh-chair-18gciufrstylrckrmodra/18gciufrstylrckrmodra?sku=18810954&camp=CSE:DSG_92700067350031406_pla_pla-338605349276&segment=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0sSF5uvw9gIVFrLVCh0zbQxKEAQYAiABEgIio_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker Mesh Chair product image

• Heart 2

This is what the wife likes for ball games.  For camp faars she has a rocker like mine above but it's shorter.  It is called a campfire rocker.  

https://www.amazon.com/Rio-Outdoor-Foldable-Hammock-Lounger/dp/B07YP9N17X/ref=sr_1_5?crid=12NTNF0RALWUE&keywords=swinging+hammock+chairs&qid=1648746809&sprefix=swinging+hammo%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-5

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Very nice.  I like those.  they are well built.  

Since I am somewhat of an expert on sitting at kid's games and around faars allow me to retort....

By far the best chair that I have owned.  There are different styles.  This one suits me the best.   We probably own 6 between the camper and the ball park chairs. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/gci-outdoor-freestyle-rocker-mesh-chair-18gciufrstylrckrmodra/18gciufrstylrckrmodra?sku=18810954&camp=CSE:DSG_92700067350031406_pla_pla-338605349276&segment=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0sSF5uvw9gIVFrLVCh0zbQxKEAQYAiABEgIio_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker Mesh Chair product image

We always had bleachers to sit in so had those padded butt thingies with back support.  I recently tossed them as they hadn’t been used since 2017.

• Heart 1