Halloween is coming up

team scooter

Have you stocked up on candy to hand out to all the little doorbell ringing terrorists? My wife always buys the big peanut and caramel lovers bag of Snickers, M&Ms Twix, etc, so I can eat the leftovers. However the kids all know who gives out the good stuff, and they stop here twice, so we rarely have any left. :angry: 

Maybe we should do what most of our neighbors do. Close up the house and pretend we're not home and eat the candy ourselves. :P

This year we have decided to close up shop and turn out the lights.  I don't want to spend the money and spend all night answering the door.  The last time I did it, the kids were rude and demanding. I think I will avoid the misery and save my money for other things.  I think I would prefer to donate that money for local projects instead.  

The kids were rude and demanding.  

Agreed. When we first moved here the subdivision was fairly new, new families with young children. Halloween was fun, many people had bonfires going, offering wine to the other parents. Neighbours were socializing, it was fun. Fourteen years later the young kids grew into smart mouthed teenagers. The kids from the surrounding areas have all but taken over our street now. They jump over fences and hedges, cutting through yards. I caught a kid checking to see if my shed was locked, etc. Little bastages. :angry:

Someone help me...... I've turned into my father. :huh:

• Heart 1

Agreed. When we first moved here the subdivision was fairly new, new families with young children. Halloween was fun, many people had bonfires going, offering wine to the other parents. Neighbours were socializing, it was fun. Fourteen years later the young kids grew into smart mouthed teenagers. The kids from the surrounding areas have all but taken over our street now. They jump over fences and hedges, cutting through yards. I caught a kid checking to see if my shed was locked, etc. Little bastages. :angry:

I think I'm going to take an electric solenoid valve and splice it into my garden hose.  Open the hose bib valve 100%.  Put a sprinkler on the end of the hose and set it on the front steps.  Connect the solenoid valve into the motion detector light sensor on the front porch so when it detects someone walking up the steps the sprinkler goes off and sprays water in all directions.

• Heart 1

HAHA!  I can appreciate what you are saying.  As I age, I sound more like my Mom.   :o

I am shocked at some of the parents lately on Halloween.  I see a bunch of them with their own candy sack.  I don't like being a grouchy pants, but I was kind of disgusted with that behavior.  I see a lot of greed. Some of the kids even say "Can I have another one?"  Seriously?  You have a pillow case half full and it is not enough?

Our neighborhood draws much of the town.  We are considered the rich neighborhood.  

Discalimer:  we are a nice historical neighborhood where the houses are close to each other.  Not a lot of walking for a big load. We are not the most expensive subdivision in town by any means.