Day 4 of my informal Yeti cooler ice test

2Far

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Just put the bottles in my back yard and they’ll stay cold for days, weeks even.

We don’t need no ‘spensive cooler. 

I do not have that 'luxury". It was 80 degrees yesterday.

I "bought" the cooler with rewards points.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

45 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeti 24 Roadie.

1 bag of ice  & about 4 bottles of cold water were place in the cooler Sunday afternoon. It has been in my truck the entire time and only opened once/day to check ice status.

There's still ice.

@Parr8hed will love this thread

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Parr8hed will love this thread

Maybe. I got the cooler on a small deal, some credits I had & reward points from another CC. It's not a big cooler, It fits behind the front seat on the driveshaft hump. Perfect for one/two travelers. Yeti coolers' $s go up with the cube of the volume, they get stupid pricey (pricier) very fast.

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I do not have that 'luxury". It was 80 degrees yesterday.

I "bought" the cooler with rewards points.

I was gonna say that you entered Warren Buffett territory if you are buying Yeti coolers!

I feel better now that I know you didn't have to sell a kidney to get yours!

• Heart 2

Yeti makes a legit cooler.  It really does.  

They do even better at marketing than they do making coolers.  

Emmy's travel coach has the Yeti catalog I think.  He probably has 8 coolers.  Double that if you include the backpack style soft sided coolers.  Triple that if you include mugs, cups, etc.  

I like the Rtic brand.  I will put my Rtic coolers up against a Yeti anytime for ice consumption.  And they are half the price. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

20 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I like the Rtic brand.  I will put my Rtic coolers up against a Yeti anytime for ice consumption.  And they are half the price. 

So I bought a bunch of mini-Maglights as a project safety give-away. Some 300+ flashlights, batteries & holsters, all in blister packs. Got 'em on Amazon, but they only let you buy 30 at a time. After about the 5th order of 30 lights, they suspended my account for suspected fraud. Prolly a legitimate concern. They unsuspended me & I duly got all the flashlights. IIRC, they were from a 3rd party company to Amazon.

Anyhoo, about 3 weeks later I get an Amazon shipment. Not really suspecting anything. A box with 15 x 32 OZ RTIC, SS travel mugs. Not expected/ordered at all. Never showed on my Amazon account, no paperwork inside the box. I think it was a gift for buying all those Maglights.

Everyone in the family got a travel mug that year.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

I have a yeti travel mug and it actually works too well as my coffee is piping hot for the entirety of my commute and I can’t drink it. So I generally pour my coffee to go a good hour before I leave & leave the lid off and it cools enough to where I can drink it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I have a yeti travel mug and it actually works too well as my coffee is piping hot for the entirety of my commute and I can’t drink it. So I generally pour my coffee to go a good hour before I leave & leave the lid off and it cools enough to where I can drink it. 

First world problems are awful!  Maybe add an ice cube?  I do that to tea sometimes, you see,

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Those yeti mugs work great at the ball park.  Keeping morning drinks hot and afternoon/evening drinks cold.  

• Heart 3

17 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Yeti makes a legit cooler.  It really does.  

They do even better at marketing than they do making coolers.  

Emmy's travel coach has the Yeti catalog I think.  He probably has 8 coolers.  Double that if you include the backpack style soft sided coolers.  Triple that if you include mugs, cups, etc.  

I have 2 of these and have been very happy with them. I bought them on the suggestion from someone on this forum, maybe Indy.

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Those yeti mugs work great at the ball park.  Keeping morning drinks hot and afternoon/evening drinks cold.  

I’ve found they do a better job keeping cold, cold. Engineeringly, i recollect that it has to do with temperature differentials and the heat of fusion of ice-to-water. 

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

I got a free yeti mug from the real estate people who now sell our cooperative memberships (apartments) at work..I have travel mug and an awesome Timolino tea mug that is just as good as the Yeti...so I gave the Yeti  to my neighbor :dontknow:

I love my Timolino.  One of my coworkers tested a variety of mugs including for heat/cold retention and at the end of the day, he was sold on Timolino for travel mugs.

• Hugs 1