Fire ants are cool.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Why are you even thinking of them?

We arrive at the airport in Conroe and rather than just wait for me to finish putting my bags in the trunk, the FO takes his and walks into the grass to get around me.  We got in the car and his pants were absolutely covered in them.  Of course me, being the concerned type said, "get the f@*k out of the car!"  Then he did a dance in the parking lot and ended up stripping down to his skivvies to get rid of them.  I killed the few he left behind in the car.  :)  He has a lot of welts.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

We arrive at the airport in Conroe and rather than just wait for me to finish putting my bags in the trunk, the FO takes his and walks into the grass to get around me.  We got in the car and his pants were absolutely covered in them.  Of course me, being the concerned type said, "get the f@*k out of the car!"  Then he did a dance in the parking lot and ended up stripping down to his skivvies to get rid of them.  I killed the few he left behind in the car.  :)  He has a lot of welts.  

Not his best decision. 

21 hours ago, Wilbur said:

When they are on someone else in the 100's.  :) 

Thankfully, they're not common near me but, with Global Warming, they've reached the Mid-Atlantic and infestations have been known, followed by vigorous attempts by the State to eradicate them.

Yesterday, a little black ant crawled up my laptop screen as I was looking at in in my living room.

So I've got to look for and eradicate a nest somewhere, but I'm likely to have better luck just spraying key areas in the house with "kitchen friendly" bug spray.