I would say it's karma, but,

12string

Hundreds of Russian soldiers are being treated for severe radiation sickness.

And the Chernobyl plant is back in Ukrainian control.

These are not unrelated events.

The Russians rolled heavy weaponry into Chernobyl to take over, kicking up dust.  While not wearing protective gear.

They took over the plant.  With no Nuke plant engineers.  So they finally put the Ukrainian staff bock on the job.

Who then ridiculed the Russian soldiers for digging "protective" trenches and foxhole - in the Red Forest, pretty much the most toxic place on the planet.  Still, wearing no protective gear.

The soldiers started getting sick, and all just left to get to a hospital.

I do feel bad for the soldiers, but there's still an easy delineation between good and evil here.  Add to it - who thought it would be a good idea to even mess with Chernobyl in the first place, and did NONE of these soldiers point out that this might not be the best military strategy, digging up dirt that glows?  SOMEBODY had to wonder why those guys wear Hazmat suits and geiger counters and we don't, and they won't go NEAR the forest.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, 12string said:

I do feel bad for the soldiers, but there's still an easy delineation between good and evil here.  Add to it - who thought it would be a good idea to even mess with Chernobyl in the first place, and did NONE of these soldiers point out that this might not be the best military strategy, digging up dirt that glows?  SOMEBODY had to wonder why those guys wear Hazmat suits and geiger counters and we don't, and they won't go NEAR the forest.

Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

The organization I trained with has two teams on the ground on the Polish/Ukraine border and one team in Ukraine helping with the refugees. I’m considering going. I’m praying about it. I don’t have to care for my wife anymore. I just am not sure how much help I would be. The reports coming back are all good so far. They need chaplains and medical people the most. I have had training in both areas but still feel unqualified. Nancy thinks I should go.

• Hugs 1

20 hours ago, 12string said:

Hundreds of Russian soldiers are being treated for severe radiation sickness.

And the Chernobyl plant is back in Ukrainian control.

These are not unrelated events.

The Russians rolled heavy weaponry into Chernobyl to take over, kicking up dust.  While not wearing protective gear.

They took over the plant.  With no Nuke plant engineers.  So they finally put the Ukrainian staff bock on the job.

Who then ridiculed the Russian soldiers for digging "protective" trenches and foxhole - in the Red Forest, pretty much the most toxic place on the planet.  Still, wearing no protective gear.

The soldiers started getting sick, and all just left to get to a hospital.

The British and other intelligence agencies are now reporting many Russian soldiers are refusing orders to attack and have accidentally shot down at least one Russian warplane.  It's still cold there and the Russian troops are short of food, medicines, etc.

The extremely poor logistics planning by the Russians has clearly been noted by NATO.  They expected the Ukrainians to either welcome them with open arms or to be resigned to being taken over.  They had thousands of dress uniforms among their equipment - even though it replaced space that should have been reserved for military equipment - so they'd look good when they paraded down the streets of Kyiv.

They had NO contigency plans and apparently don't have the capacity for quickly resupplying troops.

There definitely seems to be some significant change that we aren't hearing about.  Since Biden's "Putin can't remain in power" comment - which he has said was quite intentional, not a gaffe - there's been a change in PR from a few major nations.  A lot about how Russia is failing badly, bad decisions, inadequate supplies and preparation, lack of leadership.  And it's followed by how the advisers have been lying to Putin, they were the ones screwing it up, how could Putin know it was this bad.... There's a Psyop going on here, aimed at Putin.

And, of course, now that Russia is "on to step 2", basically retreating, Ukraine has made an attack on a fuel depot IN Russia