Rank the breakfast meats

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Road Runner,

Steak really doesn't seem like a breakfast meat, but I have enjoyed it when I have had it with eggs.  Ham?  No way, not a breakfast meat.  Same with pork chops.

I will rank the meats nearly always associated with breakfast, here are my favorites:

Bacon (NOT crispy, blackened carbon tastes like ass)
Patty snausage
Corned beef hash
Link snausage

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, JerrySTL said:

Where's geotta? Goetta (/ˈɡɛtə/ GHET-ə) is a meat-and-grain sausage or mush of German inspiration that is popular in Metro Cincinnati. It is primarily composed of ground meat (pork, or sausage and beef), pin-head oats and spices.

Sounds like it is in metro Cincinatti.  Only time will tell if it makes your list.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

what would a traditional Chinese breakfast look like?  

I found this link on traditional Chinese breakfast.  My dad used to eat rice porridge for breakfast often.  He called it “pop” but I don’t know if that was an Indonesian or Dutch term.  We also ate the steamed buns for breakfast on Easter morning. 

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/article-what-chinese-eat-for-breakfast.htm

This what I had most when in China. Much better than any of their western offerings.

Breakfast in Chinese Hotels

In China, most hotels (except some five-star or four-star hotels) only provide a Chinese-style (buffet) breakfast, with no Western food offered in the morning. Common breakfast options provided in most hotels are fried rice, fried noodles, ham, pork, pancakes, steamed stuffed buns, congee, boiled eggs, vegetables, and some drinks like milk, soy milk, Coca-Cola, and orange juice.

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

what would a traditional Chinese breakfast look like?  

I don't have it because I was raised in Canada and it takes time to cook it properly. My mother was probably flaked out in  bed in morning...she did feed 6 children. Not even my parents had it much.....it is rice congee.  It is  cooked rice but in slightly soupy wet  moisture. It all can be simmered in a very light soup broth, with bits meat, minced onion, etc.  I'm not sure, because breakfast for me has been Western. Even as a child, toast with marmalade.

I actually associate the dish what I was fed when sick/upset tummy.

I personally haven't been enamored with rice congee but it does have a near cult following among some other folks with some restaurants hlighlighting it on menu...except when there is slightly toasted rice crusts in the congee...it is lovely.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I found this link on traditional Chinese breakfast.  My dad used to eat rice porridge for breakfast often.  He called it “pop” but I don’t know if that was an Indonesian or Dutch term.  We also ate the steamed buns for breakfast on Easter morning. 

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/article-what-chinese-eat-for-breakfast.htm

You probably heard the term...jook. Not that it's memorable. A real carb fix.

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I have but not from my dad.  He clearly called the rice dish pop. I looked it up and it’s a Dutch term for porridge. 

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/dutch-word-for-9ffb80ce2795c597a4252aab57bbad5e067fc69f.html

My term is Cantonese...I haven't looked up the Mandarin equivalent. My siblings are like me...we don't feel much affinity to jook. There are other dishes where we would naturally prep or look forward to. Or see if there  could be any rice crusts to slough off from bottom of pot. :)

1. egg bacon sausage and spam;

2. spam bacon sausage and spam;

3. spam egg spam spam bacon and spam;

4. spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

5. Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam

• Heart 1