The Dancing Nancy’s story continued.

Longjohn
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

• Solution

I haven’t heard from Nancy C. Since March 19th. I figured I better give her a heads up. She probably figured it out already but I don’t want to leave her wondering. I sent her a long message and explained what has been going on. She knew about all the other women I was meeting because I was upfront about it from the beginning. I told her that Nancy R. and I have really connected and I didn’t just want to disappear. I thanked her for her time and told her I really enjoyed being with her. I told her that I hope and pray that she will find her perfect match. I felt like I was sending her a “Dear Jane” letter.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

felt like I was sending her a “Dear Jane” letter

Through my kitchen window, she hadn’t contacted you, either. It sounds more like closure, which is preferable to ghosting, than breaking off anything that was solid. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

45 minutes ago, Airehead said:

That is a boatload of texting.  You are going to end up with carpal tunnel

I don’t think so. If 28 years of running a forge press didn’t do it I doubt typing with my thumbs would. If I have a lot to say I just use voice to text. It makes less typos than I do anyway. Small boned people get carpool tunnel. Lots of room in my big bones for nerves to not get pinched.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Have you told her about your support group?

Yes I have. She didn’t seem to mind. 

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Only one way find out.

Good song, she is a little shy of the love word. Thinks it’s too soon but I think I am winning her over. She is being careful because of her past experience before she was married to the pastor. I don’t have those kind of past experiences so I am right out there.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Yes I have. She didn’t seem to mind. 

Good song, she is a little shy of the love word. Thinks it’s too soon but I think I am winning her over. She is being careful because of her past experience before she was married to the pastor. I don’t have those kind of past experiences so I am right out there.

Better not show her what goes on in here. If she finds out what a bunch of weirdos you hang out with, she might quietly disappear.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Owl show her how much support I’ve had once I get a ring on her finger.

That could be decades...or could be next week. :frantics:

Are we invited? You know we have to do the pre-approval don't you.:whistle:

• Heart 3

There has been a change of plans. Nancy’s foreign exchange student was in a car with three other teenagers last night that got stopped by the police. Three of the four had been drinking. She was up most of the night so I told her to try to get some rest. I’ll probably drive over there later in the day. Teenagers 🤪

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

There has been a change of plans. Nancy’s foreign exchange student was in a car with three other teenagers last night that got stopped by the police. Three of the four had been drinking. She was up most of the night so I told her to try to get some rest. I’ll probably drive over there later in the day. Teenagers 🤪

I hope the driver was the one not drinking.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Hope it doesn't impact her student Visa, assuming she was one of the 3 drinking.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

I hope the driver was the one not drinking.

The driver was not drunk

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Hope it doesn't impact her student Visa, assuming she was one of the 3 drinking.

It is up to the local coordinator. She may be sent home and have to repeat the year at home. She is still sleeping it off. I’m just about to head over there. Pray that the coordinator sill show grace. She was extremely drunk.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

The driver was not drunk

It is up to the local coordinator. She may be sent home and have to repeat the year at home. She is still sleeping it off. I’m just about to head over there. Pray that the coordinator sill show grace. She was extremely drunk.

I hope the first thing that is a asked is what did you learn from this experience 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, smudge said:

She's a kid. Kids try stuff. The driver wasn't drunk; they were smart in that regard. I hope they don't bring the hammer down if this was the kids' first offence.  None of us are angels during the growing/learning period of the terrible teens.

That’s the way I look at it. It was a learning experience.

• Heart 3

23 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I haven’t heard from Nancy C. Since March 19th. I figured I better give her a heads up. She probably figured it out already but I don’t want to leave her wondering. I sent her a long message and explained what has been going on. She knew about all the other women I was meeting because I was upfront about it from the beginning. I told her that Nancy R. and I have really connected and I didn’t just want to disappear. I thanked her for her time and told her I really enjoyed being with her. I told her that I hope and pray that she will find her perfect match. I felt like I was sending her a “Dear Jane” letter.

It says a lot about your good character that you took the time to do that. Salute!

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1