OK, this was just dumb

12string

I got up this morning, saw the dog wandering around on the deck outside.  My wife was still prepping for taking the dog for a walk.  Odd.  Went downstairs, the door was locked!

Apparently, I'm getting old and forgetful, and let her out last night, but never let her back in!

So the rest of the question is, did she care?  No "let me in!" barking at all, and she does that when she's ready to come in.  She does try to stay out all night when we camp.  But, it was raining, windy, not too cold.  Again, doesn't usually bother her.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The dog probably had a blast!

at least for a while, she enjoys the independence and the sense that she's getting away with something.  And there were places to get out of the rain if she wanted to.

It's all good, when I let her in this morning, I said "April Fools!"  That fixes everything.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, 12string said:

It's lent, no beers.

When does lent end. I didn’t grow up in a tradition that made a big deal of lent. I have teetotaled since March 2. 40 days would be around April 10. Easter is April 17. We’re leaving on vacation April 14th, so was planning to finish my deprivation then. Sweets, too. 

56 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

When does lent end. I didn’t grow up in a tradition that made a big deal of lent. I have teetotaled since March 2. 40 days would be around April 10. Easter is April 17. We’re leaving on vacation April 14th, so was planning to finish my deprivation then. Sweets, too. 

Contrary to popular belief, Lent isn't 40 calendar days.  It's changed over time as Ash Wednesday has moved around (not always Wednesday)  It ends with the Easter vigil, the night before Easter Sunday.  People go through all kinds of gyrations to fit 40 days of Lent into that calendar

• Heart 1