Kicks on Route 66

Destination

Love those pics, Destination. Looks like you had a great ride/trip.

The guy with the snakes...ha...the "Strand" brings out some really colourful people. Some talented..some odd..and some just downright freaky. If you'd gone a bit further south on the Strand, you would have come across Venice Beach. Thats where things get really weird. But in a good way, I suppose.

I'm giving a lot of thought to writing about my bike trips, either in book form on online. I keep detailed trip journals every time I'm on a tour.

The bigger question now is where to go next time I have some vacation time. Any suggestions? Anyone care to join me?

There's any of a dozen tours you could do through NY and find natural wonder, history, and scenery comparable to any state in the Union.  And if you'd consider doing me the honor I'd like to tour with you on a trip.

I think my opportunity for such a tour might be at least two years away, though, as I've heard something-more-than-rumors that in 2015 a trip to Europe for a wedding may be in my plans.  That would eat up nearly all my vacation time (not to mention funds!), leaving only a couple days if that to tour by bike.

• Heart 1

There's any of a dozen tours you could do through NY and find natural wonder, history, and scenery comparable to any state in the Union.  And if you'd consider doing me the honor I'd like to tour with you on a trip.

I think my opportunity for such a tour might be at least two years away, though, as I've heard something-more-than-rumors that in 2015 a trip to Europe for a wedding may be in my plans.  That would eat up nearly all my vacation time (not to mention funds!), leaving only a couple days if that to tour by bike.

Sounds great, Thaddeus. I've never been to New York, but the pictures you post, showing the history of the area and the many waterfalls have me thinking it would be a place worth exploring in the future.