What are you doing?

Airehead

Crappie weather so I will be I the garage pulling out a transmission from a old motor. 

I'm in the process taking 3 different transmissions from 2 different models and 3 different years to build one good super transmission. 

Wo46 has a need for more speed. 

• Heart 4

40 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

IMG_0282.thumb.JPG.896ea5799ccb1666fefea62509269768.JPGI was out at RC Madness testing on the drag strip (1/10) that we race on.  The gasser was hot at 3.44 with a reaction time of 0.044.  No one in this class has claimed an official run better than 3.5 yet.  :happyanim:

Is that picture up to scale?  It looks like a Hot Wheel.

ALCOHOL SALES IN KYIV

In Kyiv, people started buying alcohol again after Mayor Vitali Klitschko relaxed a month-long ban.

Olena, a psychologist who was buying beer in a supermarket, said it did not mean people had forgotten the war.

"We are just supporting our country in this way. No one will be better off if we are depressed, doing nothing," she said.

"I'm happy because for two weeks I've been walking around thinking 'I want a beer'," she said, smiling.

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I just woke up.  Thinking about doing some things for work and then relaxing the rest of the weekend.  Any updates Skeeter?  What are you doing?!  Were you able to embark on your cooking adventures today?

I made a cabbage salad. Also made sloppy Joe. One version with beef. The other with not meat.  Family with kids over for dinner. 

well really for dog practice but I wanted stuff in case anyone was hungry. Going to make a batch of brownies now.  I think most everyone likes them. 

• Heart 3

13 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I made a cabbage salad. Also made sloppy Joe. One version with beef. The other with not meat.  Family with kids over for dinner. 

well really for dog practice but I wanted stuff in case anyone was hungry. Going to make a batch of brownies now.  I think most everyone likes them. 

So are you just experimenting with veggie dishes or are you or someone in your family a vegetarian?  And yes, brownies are a winner.  

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Dottles said:

So are you just experimenting with veggie dishes or are you or someone in your family a vegetarian?  And yes, brownies are a winner.  

I prefer to eat little meat. Einstein won’t eat chicken or hunks of beef. Today, I will eat the not meat. 

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m sitting across the table from Nancy and Itsaso. Itsaso just got reamed out over the phone by her mom for ruining her life. I prayed for her. They say she has to go home and not finish the grade and repeat it in Spain. 

Keep going. Sounds like child abuse on the Mother’s part. How is Nancy connected to them. You probably explained but I didn’t retain. 

This late afternoon, I just had bowl of cornflakes with homemade fruit (apple, blueberry and rhubarb) compote, yogurt and milk. Earl grey tea with unsalted pistachio nuts.

For lunch I had a lovely sirloin steak sandwich on lettuce with aioli and pickled cucumber. match latte.

So nothing more for supper. I will slice a fresh mango later. I'm actually full @4:00 pm

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Keep going. Sounds like child abuse on the Mother’s part. How is Nancy connected to them. You probably explained but I didn’t retain. 

Itsaso is Nancy’s foreign exchange student from Spain. Her mom is not the one making her go home. It is the exchange student director for breaking the rules. Itsaso is a sweet girl, she really is and she made a mistake. We have all been there but most of us the consequences were not as bad.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I’m sitting across the table from Nancy and Itsaso. Itsaso just got reamed out over the phone by her mom for ruining her life. I prayed for her. They say she has to go home and not finish the grade and repeat it in Spain. 

Harsh.

• Heart 2

49 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Let us know 

The pizza was good but not what I was trying for. The dough didn’t rise like I wanted. It was workable and stretched into shape easily but was chewy like too much gluten. I’m not sure autolysys is the way to go. I’ll try adding yeast with the flour and water mix before kneading with salt. I was also using a new parbake  process with a new stone. Too many variables to draw a conclusion. Much work to do in the pizza lab.

• Sad 1

We are sitting at the only sit down pizza restaurant in town. We have been sitting here for 40 minutes and still no pizza. 

The kitchen is slammed with take-out and delivery. Delivery is a 2 hour wait at the moment. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1