How is your landscape doing?

Airehead

Some snow showers are predicted tonight.

Our area doesn't get real blooms unless after 3rd wk. in May at earliest...after Victoria  Day Monday which is holiday in CAnada. Yes, that is named after Queen Victoria. As soon as one sees green mist of tree leaf bud...then you know the air will stay warm.

• Heart 1

Dandelions are popping up here. I don’t try to kill them off as they’re good for pollinators. The front garden is doing well. The hostas are unfurling rapidly. We wrapped the vegetable garden with netting to keep the stilt rats out. Carrots, spinach and peas are popping up. 

• Heart 2

On 4/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, MoseySusan said:

Nothing in bloom outside. mr. decided to wait a week or so to plant new stuff in containers and build the rockery. 

I take that back. Phlox and periwinkle in bloom. Photos aren’t loading for me. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Lately. Nope. Thanks.

...if you decide to grow roses, the English roses from David Austin's breeding efforts are very fine roses.  I have grown four or five of them in the past, like Gertrude Jekyll and Graham Thomas. They have an old rose shape, with good scent for the most part.  I don't really have room for them in this garden, because all the sunny space has fruit trees and stuff.

We all must cultivate our garden.

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...if you decide to grow roses, the English roses from David Austin's breeding efforts are very fine roses.  I have grown four or five of them in the past, like Gertrude Jekyll and Graham Thomas. They have an old rose shape, with good scent for the most part.  I don't really have room for them in this garden, because all the sunny space has fruit trees and stuff.

We all must cultivate our garden.

You're starting to give me a headache. :)

• Thank You 1

I waiting for the weather to be dry and in the 60's.

I need to mow the lawn.

I need to build two 12' x 4' x 12" high raised beds.

I need to move some dirt piles away from where I'll have a fence put up this spring and into the beds.

I bought the potting soil I'll use to grow my veggie garden seeds today.

Tomorrow, I'll buy two cheap tray tables at Walmart to put under my enclosed porch's sunny windows to grow them.

The seeds, plastic pot 6-packs, trays, labels, and watering can I ordered from Amazon are supposed to arrive April 5-8.

• Heart 2

Garden is doing great. Already had a complete bloom of the Iris's and the Blue-my-minds have recovered fairly well from the few frosts we had this winter. 
The vegetable garden is going gangbusters:
20220404_160026.thumb.jpg.b333c46b2e74b6e23c0089aec6eddb5e.jpg20220404_160031.thumb.jpg.cbf8c15d0cd284aaa2aa40c6f6c7bd35.jpg

Cherry tomatoes are already producing multiple clusters, the heirloom plant is getting crazily big, the peppers are all producing (sweet pepper, jalapeno, yellow bell) and the basil, green onion, parsley, and sage have produced wonderfully all winter. All from a few "porch" planters

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1