Watching Death on the Nile

maddmaxx

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I've seen no reviews and I have no idea if I'm wasting my time.  It's the saturday night release on HBO.

I read one review and it wasn't positive. It's on my watch list. I'm a big Agatha Christie fan and enjoyed the recent Murder on the Orient Express. However I think that David Suchet is the definitive Hercule Poirot.

I watched it. Kenneth Branagh produced and directed it. This is not his first foray into the genre. It looks to me like he wants to give a broader definition to Poirot. A third film with him as Poirot  is in the pipeline.

Just look at that mustache.

l-intro-1644351107.jpg

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

I watched it. Kenneth Branagh produced and directed it. This is not his first foray into the genre. It looks to me like he wants to give a broader definition to Poirot. A third film with him as Poirot  is in the pipeline.

Just look at that mustache.

l-intro-1644351107.jpg

This movie at least explained the mustache.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I love Robin.  He was a beautiful human being, a sad loss.  This scene was brilliant.

I was an amazing scene for sure and unfortunately, not that difficult to communicate for Robin Williams.  He was a brilliant actor and person.  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was an amazing scene for sure and unfortunately, not that difficult to communicate for Robin Williams.  He was a brilliant actor and person.  

Academy award winning Screenplay by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Best actor in a supporting role: Williams. Best actor nominee: Damon. 

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Does he still wear an artful beard? 

I don't know, I don't go over there much any more. At far as I saw, he didn't wear his beard in such an ornate fashion. If my recollection is true, he braided it on occasion. It would be a serious time suck to wear a beard like that every day.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I don't know, I don't go over there much any more. At far as I saw, he didn't wear his beard in such an ornate fashion. If my recollection is true, he braided it on occasion. It would be a serious time suck to wear a beard like that every day.

You're looking a bit like a detective yourself these days.

On 4/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, maddmaxx said:

I've seen no reviews and I have no idea if I'm wasting my time.  It's the saturday night release on HBO.

I read the book a month or two ago in preparation for the movie. I'll probably watch it this weekend.  I liked MotOE (despite differences from the book), so will likely enjoy this one as well.