Wordle for Sunday, April 3rd

Road Runner

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Use of rejected letters can be a strategy to check out other letters. I just do it out of sloppiness, however. 

Usually I get all excited when I get a word that fits with the green and yellow that I impulsively blurt it oot and hit enter without a thorough check. That is especially easy to do with rejected letters from tries above your previous one.  A good preventive technique is to look at the keyboard while you type to avoid the grayed oot letters. Easy enough to do!  Then a thorough check before hitting enter is a good secondary detection method. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I'm surprised how many got this in three or four.  I thought it was a relatively difficult word.  :dontknow:

Spoiler

Repeating a letter is a leap for me, still, even though Wordle has a well-established history of words with repeated letters. I noticed, also, that a lot of us tried refer before fewer. Anything to avoid using a -w? 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:
  Hide contents

Repeating a letter is a leap for me, still, even though Wordle has a well-established history of words with repeated letters. I noticed, also, that a lot of us tried refer before fewer. Anything to avoid using a -w? 

Spoiler

I used FEVER before FEWER.  But I was the only one.  I thought FEVER was a more "Wordle-like" word.  :)

And everyone seemed to jump on the double E bandwagon very early.  I still avoid the double letters if possible, because they reduce the number of letters that can be analyzed. 

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:
  Hide contents

I am not really afeared of w. 

• Heart 1

My second 6

Wordle 288 6/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220403-082218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7f411a19abe7dec9eebb1d1ccb1519e2.jpg

I was strategic for the first time by the time I got to guess 5.  After 4 I had two guesses left and three solid choices.  I had 'fewer' typed in, but my other two were 'defer' and 'refer', and if fewer was wrong I would have to guess for the last one.  So I changed and used 'defer' thinking if the f was in the right spot it would be 'refer' but in the wrong spot would be fewer.  This was way more thinking than I normally put into it, which is likely why I struggled.  Lol

• Heart 4

Missed it today.  Came down to the last word and guessed between the two possible options, and guessed wrong

Wordle 288 X/6

🟩
🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

ADIEU, STONE, CLERK, GERMY, REFER, FEVER

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3