Jump to content

Crimson and Clover


 Share

Recommended Posts



35 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

is a great use of wah wah and tremolo or whatever effects they used. Just wondering if Tommy James and the Shondells are considered a one hit wonder for it?  :scratchhead:

There was also a great hard rock version by Joan Jett!  I wonder how much Joan Jett gets in royalties from the NFL for rewriting her "I hate myself for loving you" into "I've been waiting all day for Sunday Night?"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Bill Deal and the Rhondels formed here in SE VA in the late 50's, way before TJ and the Shondells.  I wonder if the name Shondells was basically a ripoff of the Rhondels?   

Tommy James liked the name, just thought it sounded good, and it was after some previous Michigan singer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Tommy James liked the name, just thought it sounded good, and it was after some previous Michigan singer.

I read that crap in Wikipedia, too, but I think he heard the name Rhondels, thought that sounded good and named his group the Shondells.  :slow-dance-smiley:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I read that crap in Wikipedia, too, but I think he heard the name Rhondels, thought that sounded good and named his group the Shondells.  :slow-dance-smiley:

Rhondels, Shmondells. So you do not accept the veracity of that Wikipedia snippet - brb!  On to primary sources!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Bill Deal and the Rhondels formed here in SE VA in the late 50's, way before TJ and the Shondells.  I wonder if the name Shondells was basically a ripoff of the Rhondels?   

What was the lady who recently died - oh yeah, the Ronettes. :)

I used to work with a salesman named Bill Deal, actually I guess Bill Diehl, aka Big Deal. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...