556 therapy

KrAzY

43 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Nice pattern

Waiting for you to ask about that little stray guy around #7🤣

17 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...isn't that ammunition kind of pricey ?

Range costs 20 for all day and then about $40 for 50 shots if you buy from the range.. I get about 200 rounds in bulk for about $125.

Prices would decline for ammo again if people would stop trying to hoard it.. I only keep about 50 rounds of each caliber around as backup.. no need to hoard if if you can hit your target the first try. 

• Heart 2

25 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I think so too!  :nodhead:

Or, rather, the ovals would make a nice pattern except somebody punched a bunch of holes in them.

I swear I was just aiming for the wasp that was hovering around the center.. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Range costs 20 for all day and then about $40 for 50 shots if you buy from the range.. I get about 200 rounds in bulk for about $125.

Prices would decline for ammo again if people would stop trying to hoard it.. I only keep about 50 rounds of each caliber around as backup.. no need to hoard if if you can hit your target the first try. 

I stopped at a big outdoors store 2 weeks ago. They had pallets of 9mm. All $25 tor 50 rounds. Didn’t  matter if you bought a box of 50, 100, 200, 500 or 1000, it was all $25/50. 

Pre pandemic it is as about $12/50. 

12 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Supertroopers Little Guy GIF - Supertroopers Little Guy Wouldnt Worry -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I stopped at a big outdoors store 2 weeks ago. They had pallets of 9mm. All $25 tor 50 rounds. Didn’t  matter if you bought a box of 50, 100, 200, 500 or 1000, it was all $25/50. 

Pre pandemic it is as about $12/50. 

Yea, the wife and I went and shot about a month ago.  I have not kept up with pricing I just know that availability and pricing were horrid this time last year. 

We shot 9mm that day and I was pleasantly surprised that they had plenty available and it was not horribly priced.  I can't remember what we paid for it but I thought it was fair at the time. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Yea, the wife and I went and shot about a month ago.  I have not kept up with pricing I just know that availability and pricing were horrid this time last year. 

We shot 9mm that day and I was pleasantly surprised that they had plenty available and it was not horribly priced.  I can't remember what we paid for it but I thought it was fair at the time. 

I get my stuff online.. found a couple sites that sell fragmentation rounds for the 223 since our range does not like FMJ

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, KrAzY said:

First shot with a cold barrel maybe?  It’s not uncommon for that first shot to miss the mark and then the rifle settles in. 

Whenever we qualified with outr M 16’s we did a few evolutions first so that the shooter & the weapon were dialed in. We never qualified with a cold rifle.

• Heart 3