Bodyshapers, etc.

shootingstar

It's been 12 months since I wandered online to see latest women's wear.

So our modern day girdle, aka body shapers gaining normality. I mean whole body, not just tummy...looks kinda ...sweaty hot. Actually unbearable thought for summer wear.

There's probably only a few exceptions it's worth it if she herself feels needs it: wedding dress or prom. Latter, is just too  young! So sad if ever worn by a young lady. It's a universe I'm pretty certain none of my sisters have gotten into nor close female friends (they don't need it).

Just seems so different compared to 40 yrs. ago. There was a time girdles fell off the map for awhile.

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

It's been 12 months since I wandered online to see latest women's wear.

So our modern day girdle, aka body shapers gaining normality. I mean whole body, not just tummy...looks kinda ...sweaty hot. Actually unbearable thought for summer wear.

There's probably only a few exceptions it's worth it if she herself feels needs it: wedding dress or prom. Latter, is just too  young! So sad if ever worn by a young lady. It's a universe I'm pretty certain none of my sisters have gotten into nor close female friends (they don't need it).

Just seems so different compared to 40 yrs. ago. There was a time girdles fell off the map for awhile.

I think the current item are called spanks (I think it’s a brand) but to be honest America (I’m sure Canada too) is getting chubby and the women just own it.  They are not trying to squeeze into clothes that art too small. 

I see it at work, most women are overweight and don’t try to hide it.  We have a new receptionist that is full figured and quiet young (early 20’s).  She dresses really nicely but isn’t hiding her curves.

48 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I think the current item are called spanks (I think it’s a brand) but to be honest America (I’m sure Canada too) is getting chubby and the women just own it.  They are not trying to squeeze into clothes that art too small. 

I see it at work, most women are overweight and don’t try to hide it.  We have a new receptionist that is full figured and quiet young (early 20’s).  She dresses really nicely but isn’t hiding her curves.

Kudos for your receptionist. Life is too short to constantly worry about shape. There is something to be said about choosing colours and cuts that flatter a person. 

I work in a team of people who seem to be in their mid-30's and up. Predominantly early 50's and up.  Then there's a broader community of practice our central group works with...over 160 people across 42 depts.  With the exception of 1 person (who I genuinely think has a  thyroid problem..), there are very few noticeably overweight (ie. mean over 20+ lbs. etc.). It's just coincidence, since our jobs are very computer -bound with some folks lifting and dealing boxes of paper records. (some of the job ads do state you must deal with up to 10-15 lb boxes, etc.). For whatever reason, this bigger group doesn't have very young employees even though chunk of job requires knowing some software very well enough to teach others.

What I'm trying to say...until I thought about this now, the occupational group I'm familiar within my organization, appears to be ok. There's a mix of genders in this group.  In a way, I really do think corporate support for lunch hr. talks about wellness, yoga videos, then city-wide friendly competitions with other organizations (I signed up for cycling but forgot to track my cycling 30% of time.), it's useful. 

One thing...whenever there is an employee profile...the person is nearly expected to list some  sort of  physical activity or other passion they love...for mental health/stimulation. There's always a new profile weekly,....we have alot of employees. And there a few who are cycling enthusiasts....I can tell by their summary descriptions of the type of cycling they do. 

I go back and forth about shapewear. It’s useful for eliminating undergarment lines beneath finer clothing, but I don’t really care that I have visible undergarment lines. I’m not under the microscope, or heavily photographed, like others who use shapewear might be. The thing is, I know I’m carrying extra pounds, but I only really notice it when I’m around other people, especially women who are, like, 5’5” or shorter. I was that size in 4th grade. There’s no looking similar to small women for me, no matter how much compression in my Spanx. 

19 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I go back and forth about shapewear. It’s useful for eliminating undergarment lines beneath finer clothing, but I don’t really care that I have visible undergarment lines. I’m not under the microscope, or heavily photographed, like others who use shapewear might be. The thing is, I know I’m carrying extra pounds, but I only really notice it when I’m around other people, especially women who are, like, 5’5” or shorter. I was that size in 4th grade. There’s no looking similar to small women for me, no matter how much compression in my Spanx. 

MoseySue, you simply are taller and probably larger bone frame...if my memory serves me right. True, those whose jobs or whatever put them in photographic limelight could use neutrality of no undergarment lines.

One good thing like black tights, it just looks good on anyone. And cyclists really can claim wearing tights for very practical reasons, especially for long rides.  Over the past few months, I was obsessing over black tights quality for purchase, instead of dress  pants.  I started to worry about the durability of the elastic and could only look for retractable band that one could knot up.