Beets and greens

I’m working on getting more vegetables and variety on my plate. At the grocers, I bought some Brussels sprouts I will roast. Saw bunches of golden beets, four beets and greens attached. Bought those on a whim. I will roast the beets with the sprouts, taking out the sprouts when they’re done. I will wash and sauté the greens with onion, bacon, and cider vinegar seasoned with red pepper flakes.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I’m working on getting more vegetables and variety on my plate. At the grocers, I bought some Brussels sprouts I will roast. Saw bunches of golden beets, four beets and greens attached. Bought those on a whim. I will roast the beets with the sprouts, taking out the sprouts when they’re done. I will wash and sauté the greens with onion, bacon, and cider vinegar seasoned with red pepper flakes.

I eat a lot of beets and grow them in my garden. The red beets and the greens are good for middle age men. They are good for your prostate. 

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, dinneR said:

I eat a lot of beets and grow them in my garden. The red beets and the greens are good for middle age men. They are good for your prostate. 

I ordered some red beet seeds for the garden. They should arrive today or tomorrow. I will plant them as soon as they arrive.

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

But you’ll have skiing to do. 

Ha! I think ski season ended for me. If we get enough snow, I might ski tomorrow. The local ski hill plowed the uphill route to discourage off season skiing. The lifts have stopped running. Maybe I can ride my fatbike up the mountain. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, Old No. 7 said:

I ordered some red beet seeds for the garden. They should arrive today or tomorrow. I will plant them as soon as they arrive.

Beets are one of the few things that grow like wildfire in my garden. Turnips are another!  Had a bunch of softballs last year. :D

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Beets are one of the few things that grow like wildfire in my garden. Turnips are another!  Had a bunch of softballs last year. :D

The beets are starting well (lower right). Upper left are snow peas, then clockwise, lettuce, spinach, carrots, and beets. Center is carrots and radishes. FEB39B12-2988-4BCF-B222-856308526500.thumb.jpeg.99f906a8c3cd403fcd4873a7c8af331c.jpeg