Has Bikeman bought a car yet

jsharr

7 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'm waiting for BoA to approve the loan:angry: The dealership got me 2.99% which is the going rate. But I can get a slight discount w/ the bank.

Be careful borrowing money from a bank. Banks are eville. They say they are giving you a discount but after they tack on all the closing costs and points it comes out to about 29% .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Be careful borrowing money from a bank. Banks are eville. They say they are giving you a discount but after they tack on all the closing costs and points it comes out to about 29% .

I've had car loans from them before, there are no charges other than the APR.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Now I missed something!! Are you finally getting your Colorado???? 🤞🤞🤞

No. The Colorado is nice, but I don't need a truck. I kinda miss driving a car so the Malibu it is (as sheep replied). I found a almost new 2021, that owl be picking up tomorrow.

• Awesome 1

Doesn’t BOA have a preapproved car loan program? Navy FCU does and that’s a lot easier for car shopping. Before you pick out your car, you have a year, make, and model and a budget. Say I want a 2020 Or newer pickup truck and expect to pay $55k for it. I’m approved and get a blank check good up to say, $57k. All the check needs is the final amount, dealer name, collateral description and my signature. It’s more convenient having the check in my pocket.

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

No. The Colorado is nice, but I don't need a truck. I kinda miss driving a car so the Malibu it is (as sheep replied). I found a almost new 2021, that owl be picking up tomorrow.

Sure, like we believe that.  You'll find a way to drag us along for a few more days.

• Whatever 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

That is just silly talk!  Everyone needs a truck.  But I understand.  I went from an SUV to a truck and then back to a sedan as I missed driving a car.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

BoA finally got back to me today w/ approval, and now they have to next-day mail a check to the dealer:angry: With my last car loan from them, I could pick the check up at any branch....they don't do that now:angry: So it gets delayed another day. This isn't a petite scenario, it's a waiting around scenario.  But in the grand scheme of things, a few days isn't much for years of enjoyment :)

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

BoA finally got back to me today w/ approval, and now they have to next-day mail a check to the dealer:angry: With my last car loan from them, I could pick the check up at any branch....they don't do that now:angry: So it gets delayed another day. This isn't a petite scenario, it's a waiting around scenario.  But in the grand scheme of things, a few days isn't much for years of enjoyment :)

I for one welcome you to the car world. :)

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Call the dealership and tell them you want five coats of hand applied wax on the car while you wait for the check to arrive

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, jsharr said:

Call the dealership and tell them you want five coats of hand applied wax on the car while you wait for the check to arrive

I treat my cars well.  They are garaged almost all of the time when not in use.  I was lucky at my last job, I had garage parking for 30 years.

This one has ceramic paint protection.  I just got it reapplied from the repair that was done in the fall.

The paint is so slippery now, I like touching it.

The water beads up.  Supposed to last about 10 years.  In the three years I've had this car, I've never waxed it.  They say I can, but I haven't bothered.  Just a gentle bath every now and then and a chamois dry.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1