Which soup will it be?!

Kirby

I have three kinds of soup in my refrigerator and have to decide which one to have for lunch.   Once I open that soup, I'm likely to have it for at least two other days this week.  Such a tough decision for so early in the week.  Tomato basil, baked potato or chicken tortilla ?  :frantics:

• Heart 1

I had the baked potato because it was going to expire within a few days,  but it was disappointing.  I ended up tossing the rest, even though I normally like it.  I'll have tomato for tomorrow which is supposed to be a rainy day,

• Heart 4
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I had the baked potato because it was going to expire within a few days,  but it was disappointing.  I ended up tossing the rest, even though I normally like it.  I'll have tomato for tomorrow which is supposed to be a rainy day,

Tomato soup season ends on or around June 11th, when it officially isn't cold anymore.  Might as well enjoy it while you can.

Fresh Tomato Soup with Crispy Cheese Toast | Allrecipes

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I made a vegetarian lunch even though I am a contrarian. I had purchased some Brussels sprouts and some golden beets over the weekend and they needed cooking. I roasted them together in a cast iron skillet with some bacon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Thirty minutes at 400. I washed and trimmed the beet greens and sautéed them with bacon, olive oil, onion, and garlic. Salt and pepper and some red pepper seasoned cider vinegar. Quite a good lunch. I have leftovers for another meal or two. 

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I have three kinds of soup in my refrigerator and have to decide which one to have for lunch.   Once I open that soup, I'm likely to have it for at least two other days this week.  Such a tough decision for so early in the week.  Tomato basil, baked potato or chicken tortilla ?  :frantics:

If you have crackers, Tomato basil, if you need a stick-to-your-ribs lunch, baked potato, if you need a not-too-light, not-too-heavy lunch, chicken tortilla

I have a lot of bowlfuls of frozen, homemade soups, etc. to finish up in the ffreezer: 2 of Mulligan Stew, 2 of Chicken Soup, 1 of Chili, I of ham and bean and veggies.  But I bought brussels sprouts and mild Italian sausage a week ago, they've been sitting in my fridge, and have the rest of the Ingredients (butternut squash, fennel, other veggies) for Martha Stewart's Savory Fall Stew so I'm going to make it for dinner tonight.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I know you already had the potato but tomato basil sounds good to me.  I like to put a couple of shakes of Cholula hot sauce in mine.  

I add a tsp of sambal. Had a cup of it today with a quesadilla and some grapes. 

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I add a tsp of sambal. Had a cup of it today with a quesadilla and some grapes. 

I think it’s cool so many of you eat the hot sauce of my homeland!  My mom used to make her own.  Your eyes would water walking in the house when she made it and had a mortar & pestle just for sambal making as the chili oils were worked well into the stone.  

• Heart 2

• 11 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, Kirby said:

All good!  I like to crack some saltines into tomato and tomato bisque soups.

• Heart 1