WTF!! Who Changed My Name???

Some Old Guy

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

How can someone change your name?

Steps to Legally Change Your Name

1. Petition to change your name by filling out a name change form, an order to show cause for legally changing your name, and a decree to legally change your name.
  2. Take these forms to the court clerk and file them along with your state's required filing fees.
  3. In most cases, a judge or magistrate will review your forms and grant the name change.
  4. Some states require a more formal advertisement before you use your new name, which is done simply by posting a notice in the local newspaper.
  5. Use your new name. 

6. We now pronounce the Noob @Jerk Face

...you probably missed it, because nobody pays much attention to rankings, but you are also now reduced to "pack fodder".  

It could be worse, though.  What if someone with control of all the forum software decided to start up a Grindr account for you ?

There's a lesson here.  Be careful who you trust with your personal information on the internet. Were I you, I'd set up some alerts on my credit accounts for unauthorized activity.  That's where this sort of thing always ends up, when you read the horror stories on the internet.  

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...anyway, I've been thinking of changing my username to Gloria Mundi.  

You may think it means "Thus passes worldly glory," but a lot of people will think it's the name of Goldie Hawn's character Gloria Mundy in the very excellent movie Foul Play!

• Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1