What The Hell Happened?

Razors Edge

...to my coffee maker this morning????  Is it FUBAR? Or just a one time anomally?

My normal evening process is to set up the coffee the night before - grind the coffee, fill the maker with water, etc., and then click the "delay brew" for the 5:30 am start time (my wife is usually up by 6am).  Anyway, a full pot is 12 cups, and that's where I filled it to, but when my wife came down in the AM, there was only HALF that in the carafe (vs the usual 10+). It was STRONG coffee.

WTF did the water go? It didn't leak out, and the grounds only absorb/hold so much, and it doesn't look like it a lot would escape via steam around the edges.  WEIRD.  I will be trying again tonight/tomorrow, but may bring my "back-up" maker down and prep it to go just in case! :runcirclsmiley:  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What The Hell Happened?...to my coffee maker this morning????    

...this is a classic example of how we pay attention to the distractions in our everyday life, and miss the big things.

Why are you not asking about how you can simultaneously exist here as @Razors Edge and as @Jerk Face ?  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

@jsharr? @Dottles? @Kzoo ... countless more.  My enemies list is long.

Look, I will do and have done a lot of low down stuff, some of which I am not proud of, most of which I am.  That said, I would never mess with a man's coffee.  Well, almost never.  

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

You mean karmic debt?

Karmic debt is the patterns in your life that are being repeated and they are typically bad patterns or unresolved issues in your life. For example, you could be constantly struggling with money, sabotaging your relationships, or avoiding responsibilities in your life.Sep

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...to my coffee maker this morning????  Is it FUBAR? Or just a one time anomally?

My normal evening process is to set up the coffee the night before - grind the coffee, fill the maker with water, etc., and then click the "delay brew" for the 5:30 am start time (my wife is usually up by 6am).  Anyway, a full pot is 12 cups, and that's where I filled it to, but when my wife came down in the AM, there was only HALF that in the carafe (vs the usual 10+). It was STRONG coffee.

WTF did the water go? It didn't leak out, and the grounds only absorb/hold so much, and it doesn't look like it a lot would escape via steam around the edges.  WEIRD.  I will be trying again tonight/tomorrow, but may bring my "back-up" maker down and prep it to go just in case! :runcirclsmiley:  

What brand of coffee maker?

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Was it dented?  

I did, very carefully, drill a hole in a chief petty officers cup 90 det clockwise from the handle (from top) and fill it with white water based putty.  We were all at morning muster when the putty let go and the cup peed on the front of his shirt.  The next night he welded my tool box shut.  We really got along great.  He and I got trapped on the new tender for a shakedown cruise to Gitmo.  Since we weren't really assigned to the ship he wangled us a return to the states for a school.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I've seen probably a dozen incidents like this with Mr. Coffee machines.

Every one of them was caused by a maladjusted or loose wingnut between the sink tap and the carafe, if that's of any help.

does a pedal wrench work on wingnuts?

My Mr. Coffee 25 oz. DRIP Machine decides to turn itself off before filling the pot about one out of every 5 times I make coffee.

Fortunately, I always start it first, then make breakfast so I catch it when it happens.

I don't know the reason - the filter isn't about to overflow, water and coffee seem to be moving ok.

12 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

A pedal wrench works on anyone.

The wing nut is going to grab a Phillips head screwdriver and see what he can "fix". :)  Tomorrow the back-up coffee maker will be brought in, but this morning, after another pot of strong and less than 1/2 full pot being made, I went @jsharr-style, and treated it as espresso, and did an Americano.  

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I've seen probably a dozen incidents like this with Mr. Coffee machines.

Every one of them was caused by a maladjusted or loose wingnut between the sink tap and the carafe, if that's of any help.

Mark as solution and POTD

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

The wing nut is going to grab a Phillips head screwdriver and see what he can "fix". :)  Tomorrow the back-up coffee maker will be brought in, but this morning, after another pot of strong and less than 1/2 full pot being made, I went @jsharr-style, and treated it as espresso, and did an Americano.  

jsharr prefers flat whites. 

• Haha 1