Cookies

Parsnip Totin Jack
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

4 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

These are female cookies; no nuts. I prefer walnuts but I’ve received push back in the past on the addition of nuts. 

Wow, so no chocolate and no nuts in your chocolate chip cookies?  Do they just taste like sadness and regret?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Wow, so no chocolate and no nuts in your chocolate chip cookies?  Do they just taste like sadness and regret?

These are what my wife wants. I won’t eat them that way. Would you add beans to chili if that’s the way MrsSharr wants her chili? I think you would. 

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

These are what my wife wants. I won’t eat them that way. Would you add beans to chili if that’s the way MrsSharr wants her chili? I think you would. 

wosharr adds beans to her "chili" (spicy soup with meat).

I make Texas Red the way God intended it to be made.

• Thank You 1

I was once in a series of business meetings where they'd bring in cookies every day at mid-afternoon.  There were a variety of flavors, but it soon became clear that if you didn't get there early, you'd only get the less desirable flavors.  The first to go were "chocolate chips" made with white chocolate and cranberries. Laggards got stuck with some sort of coconut cookie.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Update: cookies didn’t turn out well. They taste great but they spread too much while baking, they melted rather than set up like they used to. The lower oven is convection and I may need to adjust baking to 350 vs 375 to account for that. The upper oven had the rack on the lowest level vs middle for bread. I will bake in the center from now on. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Update: cookies didn’t turn out well. They taste great but they spread too much while baking, they melted rather than set up like they used to. The lower oven is convection and I may need to adjust baking to 350 vs 375 to account for that. The upper oven had the rack on the lowest level vs middle for bread. I will bake in the center from now on. 

Wouldn't have happened with oatmeal raisin ones.

• Haha 1