FIL visit concluded

ChrisL

Nice to have some family that are a positive relationship.  He's smart not to make any big changes during a transition period,  There's always time if he decides he wants to move closer.

• Heart 3

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Nice to have some family that are a positive relationship.  He's smart not to make any big changes during a transition period,  There's always time if he decides he wants to move closer.

I think he wasn’t thinking rationally when he first brought up the idea of living together.  He was pretty emotional over the situation with his soon to be ex.  Although he did say my cooking was reason enough to live near by! 😂 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm glad, Chris he's thought more rationally through all this for himself.  Happy times ahead between you, wifey and him. He deserves to be visited from time to time.

For sure, we have over the years and will continue to. His place isn’t fully furnished yet so no place to sleep yet but we are looking to visit in the coming months.  But having said that, he enjoys coming to us as he can hang out with his grand kids & great grand son.  My kids aren’t likely to visit him. 

• Heart 2

Oh one more FIL story… So the last time he was single he would make Chop Suey that my wife hated and wanted to try my chop suey when he was out.  I told him I don’t make American abominations of Asian food. I’ll make you some Indo noodles & fried rice. OK deal. 

So now he’s hooked on my Bami & Nasi Goereng, devoured all of the leftovers and wants me to teach him how to make it. Uh you struggle with spaghetti from a jar, how about I just keep making it for you. OK I like that plan better!  

I told my wife if he tries my satay he may just move in after all…

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

He sounds like a lovely person. 

He was more difficult earlier in his life and I think realizes the mistakes he made and has rebuilt a broken bridge with my wife.  He really tries to have a good relationship with us. He has said many times he wishes he had been a better parent and heaps praise on our family for being so close. 

But unfortunately the bridge is still broken with his sons.  

• Heart 1