The most boring sport to watch

Road Runner

?

I hate watching soccer.  They go up and down the field and no one hardly ever scores. :angry: 

They need to throw away that off-sides rule and widen the goal by about 10 feet.  Then it would be much funner to watch.   :)

Ice hockey would be better if they eliminated the goalie altogether.  Then we could light up the scoreboard!

I find all ball sports, except for Rugby boring to watch.

hockey, tournament bass fishing, professional wrestling, Texas Hold'em, NASCAR....so you're cool with all these as long as you don't have to watch football?

sounds like your ex must have been a Bills fan! :P

now hold on, fellas....you are talking about a unique and American style of motor racing. As Americans, we should appreciate the products of our culture.

In europe, they held motor races over open roads. The Mille Miglia, Targa Floria ....these were races over public roads. the Mille Miglia is a 1000 mile race up and down the Italian pennensula. There's no way to memorize the course and its flat out over the same roads you and I would drive on. The sort of racing was for selling newspapers. A spectator could only see a little of the race, and since they could just show up and line the roads, there was no way to sell tickets

Here in the States, they made the track short and went around for many laps so that you could enclose the whole thing, fence it off and sell tickets

NASCAR is subtle. World Champions from F1 don't just come to the States and clean house racing stock cars

Also, on the east coast, especially the southeast, this is also a local sport. There are 3 stock car tracks, plus the dirt track at Williams Grove all within 10 miles of my house. There's a fella down the road from me who races every Saturday night. Builds his own car, trailors it down there, and ends up near the front most every week

so the reason NASCAR goes in circles is so that we could sell tickets to the race. Nothing more American than that

I have trouble watching football.  Run a play for 5 seconds then mill around for 30 seconds, run and other play for 5 seconds mill around another 45 seconds.  Half the plays result in some type of stoppage so the mill around time gets extended.

Stock car racing is tough to watch too.

I never actually noticed how much time is spent just milling around in football until I watched it with a friend from England and he pointed it out to me. I always thought that was built into the game so we could go and get another beer

I used to think golf was a waste of public airwaves, but after I learned how to play, there are times in the summer when there is nothing on and I don't mind putting on golf while I'm doing stuff around the house. At least you get to look at green grass and trees and stuff

what I like about watching bike racing on TV is the scenery they are riding through. I love the spring classics, too, particularly the Old Lady

Yeah, it's better on TV.  But the flat stages still suck.  Mile after mile after mile of farm land.  Will they catch the breakaway?  Of course they will.  Five minutes of excitement at the end of the stage as the sprinters take over.   -_-

hockey, tournament bass fishing, professional wrestling, Texas Hold'em, NASCAR....so you're cool with all these as long as you don't have to watch football?

sounds like your ex must have been a Bills fan! :P

I guess most sports are boring to watch :huh:

my soon to be ex does not watch any american sports.... he's a F1, golf, US cup kinda guy.

My daughter and I went to  Childress winery somewhere close to Winston Salem NC, on Monday.... he makes good wine :)

I never actually noticed how much time is spent just milling around in football until I watched it with a friend from England and he pointed it out to me. I always thought that was built into the game so we could go and get another beer

I first noticed home much milling about there was  in football when I was watching it on my trainer with the sound down and music in my headphones.  It was impossible to get into the game and keep track of whats going on because there so much nothing happening.  I do that with hockey all the time and I can enjoy the game.  I've done it with soccer too.  Both those sports are all action all the time.  Football is just a bunch of milling about.