I want one.

maddmaxx

When the Supra was introduced, I asked  WoBG if she wanted to trade her 1997 Honda Prelude for a new Supra.   She said no.

I'm not sure I'd fit in the car.    I don't fit into the Prelude very well at all, at 6' 3".   But it would be WoBG's car and she doesn't have that problem.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

When the Supra was introduced, I asked  WoBG if she wanted to trade her 1997 Honda Prelude for a new Supra.   She said no.

I'm not sure I'd fit in the car.    I don't fit into the Prelude very well at all, at 6' 3".   But it would be WoBG's car and she doesn't have that problem.

I would need two of those, one for each foot.

• Haha 2

I had two Camry's, I will (likely) never buy another Toyota.  On my last Camry I had trouble with the sunroof.  It would close 99% of the time, and I had it open on almost every drive.  I asked them to look at it and fix it, they said it worked for them, no we won't fix it.  They were nice enough to drive it home from the shop to my house.  The guy pulled in my driveway, tried to roll down the window.  Pushed the button several times and the window would not go down.  I said yeah, I wanted to have you look at that too.

Talked with the supervisor, he said tough luck, both things work totally fine, we will not do anything else.

I wrote a letter to Toyota asking for help, they said tough luck, there's nothing wrong with it.  I politely (kinda) asked for both switches to be replaced or I would never buy from Toyota again.  They said it was nice having you as a customer, good luck in the future.

A few months later the sunroof switch was replaced in a recall.

Toyota knew all along it was a problem.

As GW would say, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's essentially a BMW.  It has a BMW engine, and a lot of the tech inside is from BMW.

Yeah...  a Toyota with a 382hp BMW engine and transmission.   :party:     That would probably get WoBG in trouble.    Lets just say, she's been know to double the speed for a curve, if the yellow diamond sign reads 30 mph, she knows 60 is possible.   And... that's with the Prelude.

I'd find a way to fit into the car...   at least once in a while.

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/supra

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah...  a Toyota with a 382hp BMW engine and transmission.   :party:     That would probably get WoBG in trouble.    Lets just say, she's been know to double the speed for a curve, if the yellow diamond sign reads 30 mph, she knows 60 is possible.   And... that's with the Prelude.

I'd find a way to fit into the car...   at least once in a while.

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/supra

I may be biased, but I'll keep my 3 liter, B58 6 cylinder BMW engine, with the car it's attached to.  At close to the same cost, I'd prefer the BMW.  Actually since mine is a convertible, I suspect a non-convertible BMW would be similar in cost.

18 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

image_2021-toyota-gr-supra-in-nitro-yellow-front-three-quarter_overseas-model-shown_50553910782_o-scaled.thumb.jpg.c8101fe816c1dc84f8783f9da5bfe282.jpg

My neighbor has a Supra. Is this different? I think they are nifty - but like SW says, BMW gets a lot of the credit. Still, a nice car.

Watching AutoMundial on TV the other day, it was funny to see them comparing an small performance SUVs from Audi, VW, and SEAT.  All were essentially VWs of some degree, so funny to see them try to differentiate them. :D 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Something else about mine compared to the Toyota, mine is AWD - for me that is needed in NE.  The Toyota, while I'm sure is a beautiful car, is RWD.  I will never do that again in the snow.

You don't drive that Supra in the snow!  You don't even drive it in the rain.  You drive that somewhere where you can buckle up and let it eat.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

The Toyota, while I'm sure is a beautiful car, is RWD.  I will never do that again in the snow.

WoBG drives the Subaru Forester in the snow.   That's how her 97 Honda still looks new.   It's never been driven in the snow. 

• Awesome 1

21 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Being 6'3" was my big problem when I was looking for my next car, a smaller, higher-mileage one, over a couple year period before I got my 2013 Honda Fit at the beginning of 2013.

At a car show, the Ford Fiesta on display had an open sun roof.  That's so no tall guys would notice their heads were jammed into the ceiling.  I had always bought American makes, but all of the small cars had around 38" of front headroom.  Strangely, the cars from Korea and Japan were usually over 40".

Then there's the legroom.  I had a Ford Focus rental where it was so hard to get my legs out when leaving the vehicle that 50% of the time, I brushed the headlight switch at the bottom of the dashboard and turned them on.

At another car show, a bunch of tall guys were gathered around one car, marveling at the room, front and back.  I was the Honda Fit, 2011 model I think: 2009-13 were all basically the same.  There was 41" of front headroom, plenty of legroom, and the front door hinges were so far forward you didn't have to contort your legs to get out of the car.

That, plus other things like consumer reports rating as the "best bang for the buck" and the "magic" back seats where you can stand the horizontal seat up to make a wide floor to ceiling space from door to door or lay the backs flat like a station wagon led me to get one.

When my 1997 Ford Taurus was "totalled" while parked - lightly bumped by the airbags went off and cost more to replace than the car's book value - at 12:45 am on Dec. 31, 2012, I was at the Honda dealer two days later picking out my Fit and bargaining a good price: $18K for the base automatic with mudflaps and pinstripes.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Being 6'3" was my big problem when I was looking for my next car,

I used to go to the Chicago car show when I was going to look for a new car.  All the cars were there, and I'd see how I fit inside the car.   It's been 10 years, or more since I've done that.

I fit inside my 2016 Prius just fine, and getting 58 mpg over the life of the car is nice too.   I fit in the Subaru Forester too.