Wordle for Thursday, 7 April

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Prophet Zacharia,

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Took a little pondering for guess 2.Β 

Spoiler

I thought of MORAL and CORAL and decided to go with CORAL.Β  But it didn't really matter.Β  Both gave the _ORA_, which made the likely answer obvious at that point.

Β 

12 minutes ago, Road Runner said:
Β  Hide contents

I thought of MORAL and CORAL and decided to go with CORAL.Β  But it didn't really matter.Β  Both gave the _ORA_, which made the likely answer obvious at that point.

Β 

Spoiler

Y I often use but not F! Β But looking them up, F is slightly more common than Y. Β Slightly surprising to me.

Β 

11 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Wordle 292 4/6

🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I should have had it in three, but I forgot to carry my yellow letter forward.Β :facepalm:

Β  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4618291ec55487ce55d634798ef55cb5.png

Β 

Two words. β€œHard” mode. Β :)Β  The slacker’s best friend. :)Β  But it only goes so far, because it doesn’t stop you from re-using dead letters. :(

Β 

Β 

• Heart 3

Wordle 292 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

ADIEU, TANGO ROAMS MOLAR FORAY

Β 

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

The slacker’s best friend.

I don’t like hard mode, because it limits the number of letters you can exclude in future guesses by mandating you keep the previously identified correct ones. So while it would keep me from making the error I did, it would prevent some conservative game strategy.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t like hard mode, because it limits the number of letters you can exclude in future guesses by mandating you keep the previously identified correct ones. So while it would keep me from making the error I did, it would prevent some conservative game strategy.

Sort of why it is "hard" and not "easy"? Β Although, definitely does help me avoid some stupid mistakes.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Sort of why it is "hard" and not "easy"? Β Although, definitely does help me avoid some stupid mistakes.

I think it should be called something like β€œstrict” or β€œrigid” mode instead of hard mode. Β For Wordle I usually don’t go fishing for other letters, and even for Quordle I have backed off that strategy, although I do sometimes submit a word like β€œmucky” or β€œlight” to get or eliminate four or preferably 5 new letters.Β 

• Solution
43 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

For Wordle I usually don’t go fishing for other letters

It depends on the day. If it’s a day where there are virtually endless choices for the last few letter options, chipping away at one or two letters at a try may not get you to the goal the way a well chosen word that ignores prior selections will.Β 

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It depends on the day. If it’s a day where there are virtually endless choices for the last few letter options, chipping away at one or two letters at a try may not get you to the goal the way a well chosen word that ignores prior selections will.Β 

Excellent point.Β  I hadn't thought of that.Β Β :facepalm:

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I agree because guessing within six tries is a win. Strategic use of a guess (a try) to narrow down the keyboard gives an advantage to the player.Β 

• Heart 1

I think it should be called something like β€œstrict” or β€œrigid” mode instead of hard mode.

Excellent Wordle word. :)Β 

for Quordle I have backed off that strategy, although I do sometimes submit a word like β€œmucky” or β€œlight” to get or eliminate four or preferably 5 new letters.Β 

Quordle is way past my attention span. My little brain sees one panel at a time.