Our nanny cam

Airehead

Worked at the old house. Worked at new house for awhile. As long as we are at home, on the home network, you can check out the Airedales. Leave the house and I cannot checkout the Airedales over the internet. I am supposed to be able to do so. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Kirby said:

Clearly the Airedales messed with it because they don't want you watching them.  I think they are up to something!!!!!

This is exactly what I am afraid of.  Ryan was gone alone today for an hour. 

14 hours ago, Airehead said:

Worked at the old house. Worked at new house for awhile. As long as we are at home, on the home network, you can check out the Airedales. Leave the house and I cannot checkout the Airedales over the internet. I am supposed to be able to do so. 

I imagine they might have gotten some software update that changed settings back to a more "secure" setting?  Perhaps at home, when both phone and cams are on the same router, it connects without much effort. But out of the home, on a different network or over cell data, it is looking for the public facing IP, but that was reset either to a new IP and/or reset to to not allow?  Even a power outage could potentially reset stuff although that would seem unlikely.

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I imagine they might have gotten some software update that changed settings back to a more "secure" setting?  Perhaps at home, when both phone and cams are on the same router, it connects without much effort. But out of the home, on a different network or over cell data, it is looking for the public facing IP, but that was reset either to a new IP and/or reset to to not allow?  Even a power outage could potentially reset stuff although that would seem unlikely.

Yup!  Security is assaulting ease of use. :(

• Heart 1

Our cams are on Nest, and I may be jinxing it, but they have worked almost flawlessly for ~4 years. The only hiccup we get is with the baby cam. We turn it off when she's not here and when we turn it back on with the app, sometimes it comes right up, other times we have to go unplug/plug it up. Then it's OK.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Our cams are on Nest, and I may be jinxing it, but they have worked almost flawlessly for ~4 years. The only hiccup we get is with the baby cam. We turn it off when she's not here and when we turn it back on with the app, sometimes it comes right up, other times we have to go unplug/plug it up. Then it's OK.

I saw an Apple TV update where it now lets you display the cams on the TV via Apple TV using PiP I think.  I imagine an Amazon Fire or the Google TV stuff do the same?  Certainly would be good for a baby cam too.