So the Cleveland Browns have been around since 1944.

Razors Edge

The Browns have won four NFL championships (1950, 1954–55, 1964) and four All-America Football Conference (AAFC) championships (1946–49)  Their first season was 1946.  Before that they were the Cleveland Rams, now the LA Rams.  They were first organized in 1936.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and never won a Super Bowl! WTF???? How bad are they???

As Rick and a bunch of numbers says, The Browns were once the Patriots, essentially.  Widely considered one of the best teams for a long, long time.  This was before the days of the superbowl, though, so they have some catching up to do.

• Haha 1

Twelve franchises have never won a Super Bowl, and four of them have yet to even play in the big game throughout their history. That includes the Bengals, who are eager to break away from their playoff misfortune this year.

Below is a list of NFL teams without a Super Bowl win. Read on to find out who has won the most Super Bowls by franchise and by player.

How many NFL teams have never won a Super Bowl?

Team # of Super Bowl appearances Last Super Bowl appearance
Minnesota Vikings 4 1977
Buffalo Bills 4 1994
Cincinnati Bengals 3 2022
Atlanta Falcons 2 2017
Carolina Panthers 2 2016
Arizona Cardinals 1 2009
Tennessee Titans 1 2000
Los Angeles Chargers 1 1995
Cleveland Browns 0 N/A
Detroit Lions 0 N/A
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 N/A
Houston Texans 0 N/A

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, no Super Bowl championships, just a bunch of "back in the day before helmets" reminiscing? :slow-dance-smiley:

...the Stupid Bowl was invented in 1967 by marketing executives for football franchises. 

They were jealous of the World Series, and baseball, as the predominate American sports interest.

Real sports fans do not watch the Stupid Bowl, nor do they care about its outcome. The commercials are sometimes pretty good, though.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...the Stupid Bowl was invented in 1967 by marketing executives for football franchises. 

They were jealous of the World Series, and baseball, as the predominate American sports interest.

Real sports fans do not watch the Stupid Bowl, nor do they care about its outcome. The commercials are sometimes pretty good, though.

Yeah, the old system was way better :whistle:

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, the old system was way better :whistle:

...football < baseball.  Baseball >football. 

Football is a stupid "sport" that is based on rules and strategies that permanently damage the participants.  Professional wrestling makes more sense, as a sport.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...football < baseball.  Baseball >football. 

Football is a stupid "sport" that is based on rules and strategies that permanently damage the participants.  Professional wrestling makes more sense, as a sport.

Yep. And the ratings agree with you!

17 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

Professional wrestling makes more sense, as a sport.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen you write.  Granted, I like most of your posts and all, but geez.  Lots of people don't understand football because they haven't devoted more than a brain cell and 2 1/2 minutes to trying to figure it out.

Dozens of wrestlers sue WWE over CTE, effects of traumatic brain injuries

...pro wrestling makes more sense than football, because they don't wear helmets or pads. 

The crowd is pretty down with the idea that the participants are trying to damage one another. Not some fictional ambition to run or pass some stupidly shaped oblong "ball" (they can't even get the shape of the ball right in football,) into some poorly defined territory like "the End Zone." 

I mean, what's with all that end zone business on the calls and the instant replays anyway ? "There's a time out, while the referees are reviewing the game films to decide whether the receiver had control of the ball before his foot left the end zone. "  Jesus Christ either you caught the fucking thing with your feet inbounds or you didn't, you pussies.:)

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

I was talking only about the statement "Professional wrestling makes more sense, as a sport."  

Uh, hell no, professional wrestling is just stupid, football is an actual sport with real strategy and outcomes that are decided during the game by the participants, not beforehand by some stupid writer or somesuch.

I don't gaf about CTE in sport, really.  Part of the cost of making millions of dollars per year and all.

The crowd is pretty down with the idea that the participants are trying to damage one another. Not some fictional ambition to run or pass some stupidly shaped oblong "ball" (they can't even get the shape of the ball right in football,) into some poorly defined territory like "the End Zone." 

OMG, are you trying to trigger me?  The ball is the ball, and the end zone is defined, they even paint the field so that everyone sees that they are on the ends of the field, rather than in the middle or randomly placed.  Have you never been exposed to this?

Speaking of doing damage, I still can't figure out why professional hockey has fights all the time.  Helmets off, gloves off, refs standing nearby holding their dicks whilst they beat the hell out of each other.  Somebody has to sit in a penalty box until the next fight is all I see happening.  I wonder why that is allowed to be part of hockey still.

• Thank You 1

I love football but have a hard time reconciling this.  We all love a big hit but hate to see anyone get hurt.  But often times the damage is more subtle and consequences won’t be known until later. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and never won a Super Bowl! WTF???? How bad are they???

The current Ravens began as the Cleveland Browns who were a superb team in pre-Super Bowl days and the Ravens have won two Superbowls in the past 20 years.

The current Browns have been plagued by awful ownership and management but they seem to be turning that around.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

54 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I still can't figure out why professional hockey has fights all the time.  Helmets off, gloves off, refs standing nearby holding their dicks whilst they beat the hell out of each other.

What league are you watching? Fights in the NHL are significantly down this century, and particularly over the last decade. Also, it’s illegal to remove your helmet before or during a fight.629CF86D-70ED-4175-879A-A76BB555216A.thumb.png.8d0cf2650c579f1714585efa2a84cda9.png

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

OMG, are you trying to trigger me?  The ball is the ball, and the end zone is defined, they even paint the field so that everyone sees that they are on the ends of the field, rather than in the middle or randomly placed.  Have you never been exposed to this?

Speaking of doing damage, I still can't figure out why professional hockey has fights all the time.  Helmets off, gloves off, refs standing nearby holding their dicks whilst they beat the hell out of each other.  Somebody has to sit in a penalty box until the next fight is all I see happening.  I wonder why that is allowed to be part of hockey still.

57 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I love football but have a hard time reconciling this.  We all love a big hit but hate to see anyone get hurt.  But often times the damage is more subtle and consequences won’t be known until later. 

...maybe I have not made my point well. So here it is again.

In football, CTE is pretty much an accepted fact of life.  To watch it, as a fan, and to pretend that, somehow, you hate to see anyone get hurt, is just some sort of fantasy. I'm sure you do hate to see anyone get hurt, but 85% of those guys you are watching on TV are going to end up with some degree of CTE.  And I'd love to think that games are not rigged any more, but with all the money that gets bet on the spread, that's a hard pass.

In pro wrestling, everyone is pretty sure both the outcomes and the moves are scripted.  So the fans watch, again with the conviction (on the part of most of them), that it's kind of like cartoon violence. So the coyote will always come back undamaged in the next installment.  This also is not true.  Wrestling at that level does produce a lot of concussions.

I simply am making the point that pro wrestling probably makes more sense, because nobody is betting on the outcomes, and they do everything without pads or helmets.

I don't watch much in the way of sports, not even bicycle racing, which seems dumb to me as a spectator sport. I have attended some college basketball games, which makes more sense to me. That's what we played in the city playgrounds where I grew up.

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

I don't watch much in the way of sports, not even bicycle racing, which seems dumb to me as a spectator sport. I have attended some college basketball games, which makes more sense to me. That's what we played in the city playgrounds where I grew up.

What about car racing or motorcycle racing?

Sailing? The Americas Cup?

X-Games with all the zany stuff?

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What about car racing or motorcycle racing?

Sailing? The Americas Cup?

X-Games with all the zany stuff?

...I watched 15 minutes of the winter Olympics coverage.  I would probably watch more Olympics coverage if they better covered sports like Judo, where Americans don't always medal.

Sailing is stupid to watch on TV. Sailing is great to watch from a boat out in the spectator crowd on the Bay.  I think I need more personal involvement to be interested, and I don't need another concussion.

30 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...the ball is not ball shaped. It looks like the wrinkly sac you dangle between your legs.

image.png.1c693f9b773238b94f2e6ef852db05d3.png

Funny thing about the ball, football is one of the few sports where the ball is not round.  You know what that means?  It's not predictable, it's going to take funny bounces.  Unlike basketball, when the ball hits the floor you pretty much know which way it's going to go when it comes off the floor.  So, the ball in American football has a better chance of effecting the outcome of the game than a round ball would in a sport like basketball or soccer.  Hockey is another sport where the ball/puck can be unpredictable.  It's all part of the game.

• Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...maybe I have not made my point well. So here it is again.

In football, CTE is pretty much an accepted fact of life.  To watch it, as a fan, and to pretend that, somehow, you hate to see anyone get hurt, is just some sort of fantasy. I'm sure you do hate to see anyone get hurt, but 85% of those guys you are watching on TV are going to end up with some degree of CTE.  And I'd love to think that games are not rigged any more, but with all the money that gets bet on the spread, that's a hard pass.

In pro wrestling, everyone is pretty sure both the outcomes and the moves are scripted.  So the fans watch, again with the conviction (on the part of most of them), that it's kind of like cartoon violence. So the coyote will always come back undamaged in the next installment.  This also is not true.  Wrestling at that level does produce a lot of concussions.

I simply am making the point that pro wrestling probably makes more sense, because nobody is betting on the outcomes, and they do everything without pads or helmets.

I think you made your point pretty clear. I struggle with the perceived fantasy that nobody is getting hurt when I know full well they are getting hurt. And yet I still watch…

• Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Here is the deal.. Cleveland is a good team, we just don't need to prove it to anyone. Trophies are for teams thinking they need to prove something. 

You are delusional... But then you are a Browns fan.  

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...the ball is not ball shaped. It looks like the wrinkly sac you dangle between your legs.

Well, they can't really call it "the wrinkly sac you dangle between your legs", it is easier to call it a ball.

This also makes me very concerned about your sac and what it is shaped like, is it really football shaped with laces and such?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What league are you watching? Fights in the NHL are significantly down this century, and particularly over the last decade. Also, it’s illegal to remove your helmet before or during a fight.629CF86D-70ED-4175-879A-A76BB555216A.thumb.png.8d0cf2650c579f1714585efa2a84cda9.png

Don't confuse this discussion with facts!