So what was your favourite rom com?

Ralphie

I'm sure there are lots I'm forgetting, but While You Were Sleeping, Wedding Singer, Philadelphia Story (both versions) and Murphy's Romance were all good. A New Leaf isn't your typical rom/com, but it's charming in its own way.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I think Dear John as it hit close to home to me.  Wedding Singer is a great movie and I do like 50 First Dates.  Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore were great in those movies.

Quoting myself I know but in hindsight Dear John isn’t a comedy so I change my answer to Wedding Singer.

18 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Makes me realize I seldom watch movies...

My Big Fat  Greek Wedding is all I can think of.

Crazy Rich Asians...is just too over the top in its lavishness, but the core storyline could easily ring a bell (in reality) with some folks.

Bundt, Bundt!!! 😂  That’s a good one too.

The Goodbye Girl (Richard Dreyfus, Marsha Mason, 1977), I love that movie.

I thought Marsha Mason got the Best Actress Oscar for it but, looking it up, it was Richard Dreyfus who won the Oscar for Best Actor in 1978 for the Goodbye Girl.

There are so many I had to look through a "100 Best Romantic Comedies of All Time" page to jog my memory.  Note I haven't seen some of the top-ranked ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I basically don’t watch very many movies but lately with April’s crappy weather I have enjoyed sitting on Nancy’s couch snuggling with her as we watch romantic comedies.

We just watched “How to lose a man in ten days”. Rated #43 on Ralph’s list. It was as predictable as a Hallmark movie but it was fun to watch. We watched one where two people who had lost there spouses whom they truly loved found themselves in a British castle and eventually fell in love with each other. We held each other tight as we watched that movie because we could really relate to it.