I have a sore back.

Wilbur
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

My wife loves to watch the home improvement shows and I never understood the absolute disdain for popcorn ceilings.  Why is it an absolute must that it has to go?  

I also wonder if in 50 years home improvement people will be segmenting living space (open concept was soooo 2020…) and spraying popcorn back on ceilings?

I grew up with it, it’s common in CA and my wife and I kinda got into it during our remodel over the popcorn. She insisted the popcorn had to go.  Well not at the expense & mess it would’ve created so we actually had popcorn reapplied where it came off due to ceiling work & had it painted.  Yeah it’s gonna be a bitch to remove now but it looks better now. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

My wife loves to watch the home improvement shows and I never understood the absolute disdain for popcorn ceilings.  Why is it an absolute must that it has to go?  

I also wonder if in 50 years home improvement people will be segmenting living space (open concept was soooo 2020…) and spraying popcorn back on ceilings?

I grew up with it, it’s common in CA and my wife and I kinda got into it during our remodel over the popcorn. She insisted the popcorn had to go.  Well not at the expense & mess it would’ve created so we actually had popcorn reapplied where it came off due to ceiling work & had it painted.  Yeah it’s gonna be a bitch to remove now but it looks better now. 

I just raised the home value from 2.6 to 2.8 million removing it! :) 

• Awesome 2

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I just raised the home value from 2.6 to 2.8 million removing it! :) 

That was also part of our rational. Sure it ads value but we remodeled for us, not to sell and so we had to prioritize our spending accordingly. Should we list it then we’ll have to decide if it makes sense to scrape it or sell as is.

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Do you feel them in Connecticut?  I always say "Take that, earth". When I land. :) 

I used to enjoy rating pilots landings when I flew.  I could guess at their backgrounds and training.  Air Force trained pilots began their approach from miles out, adding a little bit of flap at a time gently.  Their approach would last for minutes, like landing at Bradley Field and beginning the approach in Springfield Ma.  On the other hand, Navy trained pilots would begin the approach on the downwind leg, cranking into the final with a 60 deg bank a half mile out, go full flaps, gear down and on the ground in 15 seconds.  At least that's what it felt like from 11A.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

When we remodeled the basement had some water damage (old) in the ceiling from a sliding door on the main level that has since been replaced. I patched it up and was able to match the popcorn pretty close. Not sure which is harder, matching popcorn or just eliminating it. Honestly I think the worst part would just be the mess. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Honestly I think the worst part would just be the mess. 

These guys cover the entire floor with construction felt, plastic cover all furniture and walls and use a disk sander that has a seal surrounding the disk and it all goes into a HEPA vacuum. There is literally, no noticeable dust. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1