Do you shower with your spouse?

Longjohn

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have, I don't.  Not sure I ever enjoyed it much.  A place we stay often in NH has a large shower with two showers.  We've done that.

Same for me in general.  Lots of times we've showered or soaked in the tub together, but spread out over 25+ years, it's a negligible percentage of time. I shower before/after rides mostly, she showers before/after the gym mostly, so her times are usually when I am working, mine are in the afternoon/evening.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have, I don't.  Not sure I ever enjoyed it much.  A place we stay often in NH has a large shower with two showers.  We've done that.

I remember the time you noticed your wife washes her feet. Fun thread.

Showering together you can wash each other’s backs that are hard to reach by yourself. It’s also a great place to give hugs and kisses. The more serious stuff works better somewhere else.

I told Nancy after we are married she is more than welcome to join me in the shower anytime.

• Heart 3

Let this be known:

A conservative  Mennonite  couple stayed at  my place in Toronto.  She wears the white net cap on her hair bun, long dresses to knee, he  wears  suspenders on his  pants, etc. They go to church, spurn theatres, drama, tv, yadddyadada

They took their shower  together. Ok, folks. Don't be a  prude.  

I must admit  I was  surprised but amused. They are a childless couple but devoted to one another. I was their wedding photographer... Their marriage for a traditional Mennonite marriage was quite "equal", he helped do housework, etc.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

We have..., but not a regular occurrence.  Much prefer jumping in the hot tub together, most weekends in the morning with our coffee.  Whenever staying somewhere with the huge walk ins we will often jump in together.   She is almost a foot shorter than me so either she is getting water in the face or my top half is cold

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

If so how often?

If not, why not?

While talking with Nancy last night I asked her if she showered with her husband and she said she never did. I told her she missed out on a lot of good clean fun. Esther and I always showered together for over 25 years. It was only after I connected the little shower stall in the small bathroom off out bedroom did she start taking showers by herself. She said it wasn’t big enough for both of us. I said that would make it more fun.

No, it is weird to shower with another person, except when you are first dating.  Hygiene and personal care are exactly that, personal and solo, at least if you are showering to get clean.  I have done it (showered) with the gf maybe four times in about 16 months, the last time in November on a weekend getaway.  No videos exist that I know of.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I take a 2.5 min shower.  Soap everything, rinse everything, get out.

The feet are fortunate in getting runoff.  Very low maintenance.

I'm a bit wasteful..I take longer, warm showers. It helps me relax also. I live in a condo, so my water use is lumped in with common strata monthly fees.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd provide you science, but you'd discount it as it does not agree with your beliefs. 

My beliefs are based on showering in different situations.  Your showers are too short, by far, and you don't get your surface area twice.

Are you showering to take a short shower, or are you showering to get clean?  Don't answer, we know you aren't doing it to get clean.

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I accomplish both.

I get everything wet - maybe 10 seconds.  I soap top to bottom, maybe 30 seconds, possibly 1 min.

I rinse everything, 1 min tops.

I have no hair so there is no hair time.

I don't think so.  Even when I had no hair, 10 minutes is what I needed to get clean, based on repeated trials.  If you don't soap up completely twice, you aren't clean.   I think some people out there think that 10 minutes isn't nearly enough.

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't think so.  Even when I had no hair, 10 minutes is what I needed to get clean, based on repeated trials.  If you don't soap up completely twice, you aren't clean.   I think some people out there think that 10 minutes isn't nearly enough.

I'm not a dermatologist, but I suspect this is very bad for you.

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not a dermatologist, but I suspect this is very bad for you.

Everything is bad for you.  I choose to be clean and will take that over the filth of not showering being bad for you.

I wonder how often nEANDERTHALS scrubbed up in creeks or whatnot, and if not doing that contributed to their limited lifespans and eventual demise?

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average shower lasts 8 minutes. If you like to linger in the shower for longer than 15 minutes, you might want to rethink your hygiene routine. 

According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Edidiong Kaminska, MD, the recommended maximum shower time is about 5 to 10 minutes. This is enough time to cleanse and hydrate the skin without overdoing it. “Our skin needs water, just like our bodies, but if we over- or under-do it, then it may have consequences,” she adds.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What amazed me  was how many soap bars dearie used go through in terms of speed. Like I, he was a daily shower person(nice to me as a woman...and he was only smelly after a bike ride) but perhaps just bigger body and hence more surface for soap.

He kept his hands  and nails very clean... as a guy he disliked even chain oil / grease.   I think this stemmed from childhood fear of dirt / sickness...when he got tuberculosis,earlier even got mengintis (which leads to poliio) post  WW II in Germany as a kid.

So I'm sorry, in terms of physical attractivenss in guys...cleanliness is one of them.

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So I'm sorry, in terms of physical attractivenss in guys...cleanliness is one of them.

What, and miss all those pheromones?  😉 

In terms of physical attractiveness in gals, cleanliness is one of them as well. And I make no apologies for it. But when Mrs Z is out with me backpacking, or working with horses or gardening and she’s a little dirty, oh yeah, she’s very sexy. 😊 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

What, and miss all those pheromones?  😉 

In terms of physical attractiveness in gals, cleanliness is one of them as well. And I make no apologies for it. But when Mrs Z is out with me backpacking, or working with horses or gardening and she’s a little dirty, oh yeah, she’s very sexy. 😊 

Ok, I don't ever recall, dearie giving me compliments when all sweaty, etc. However he was always happy to see me  on bike to catch up to him..

Well, anyway we could fall down a rabbit hole/slippery slope.  Good heavens... now have to watch my words.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

We did shower together some. It has been a while. That generally added at least 3 minutes to shower time. :whistle:

I tend to do a soapy shower every other day but a reasonable rinse off the non-soap day. The lady who cut my hair suggested it because my scalp was flaky and said that’s what she does. It works for me. 

Wow, I started this thread this morning before heading out for Ohio and I just got home and see it really took off. I watched a romantic movie with Nancy about a woman whose husband died and a man who lost his wife. They eventually got married and lived happily ever after. I thought it was fitting for the two of us to snuggle on the couch while watching it. Then we drove up to the Paris of Ohio to watch Itsaso play basketball. I’m not going to make it to tomorrow’s games, I’m getting together with my son Ben and his family.

• Heart 4