Butter lamb

Airehead

The lamb shaped butter spread dates back to the year 1200.

"A religious symbol the lamb of god in the eucharist," said Adam Cichocki, Camellia Meats manager. 

The red ribbon represents the blood of Christ and the red flag represents peace on earth. It originated in Poland before it made its way the U.S.

"The amount of Polish people that immigrated to this area really played apart in that," Cichocki added.

i will add peppercorn eyes symbolize the light of God. 

• Heart 3

6 minutes ago, Airehead said:

"A religious symbol the lamb of god in the eucharist," said Adam Cichocki, Camellia Meats manager. 

The red ribbon represents the blood of Christ and the red flag represents peace on earth. It originated in Poland before it made its way the U.S.

"The amount of Polish people that immigrated to this area really played apart in that," Cichocki added.

Wow, I have never heard of or seen this before, how did I miss it?

• Heart 1

I've heard of them but I don't recall ever actually having one.  I love that display though!

I went to the bakery today to get something for a friend who is sick and the place was a madhouse.  They had a ton of stuff out on the display table, but also had people coming in to pick up orders.  One of the women laughed and said that I should see it tomorrow!  I did get a "cake egg for my friend - a little layer cake shaped like half an egg and covered with chocolate (and decorated like an Easter egg).

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I've heard of them but I don't recall ever actually having one.  I love that display though!

I went to the bakery today to get something for a friend who is sick and the place was a madhouse.  They had a ton of stuff out on the display table, but also had people coming in to pick up orders.  One of the women laughed and said that I should see it tomorrow!  I did get a "cake egg for my friend - a little layer cake shaped like half an egg and covered with chocolate (and decorated like an Easter egg).

I got cake eggs for my Dara team. 

• Yum 2

7 hours ago, donkpow said:

You don't just eat a butter lamb, do you? I mean it is meant to be a symbol for the season and then you just chop it up and put it on toast, right?

Most people serve the butter lamb with warm, homemade, yeast rolls. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Yum 1

19 hours ago, Airehead said:

My Mom's side of the family is Polish, and we always had a butter lamb at dinner. I also recall taking it along w/ a basket to church to have it blessed.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

I've seen Heywood Banks live in concert four times. He proves that a comic can be funny and clean at the same time.

We got to see him once. But he was also  on Bob and Tom a lot. I can’t find a local station that plays them. 

• Heart 2