Hummingbird!

MoseySusan

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

mr. spotted it yesterday, so I cooked up some nectar and hung the feeder last night. Sure enough; there it is today. Come on, summer time! 

There's a new book to be released in paperback, which I hope to get:  "Glitter in the Green", it's about hummingbirds worldwide. The author goes on a hunt, part nature, cultural, etc.  

• Heart 1

...there is at least one species of hummingbird that winters over, here in Sacramento. 

By the time January of February rolls around here, with nothing in bloom, they hit my feeders pretty regularly. Right now, they are occasional visitors, but seem to prefer real flower nectar to the sugar water I serve up in my feeders, even if it is more work.  

We get a couple of other species as migrant visitors over the fall and spring migrations.  None of them seem to be particularly interested in eating at the feeders together, except for the younger small ones who sometimes show up in pairs.  There is one guy on the neighborhood Next Door forum who has a nest observation camera set up in his back yard, who posts videos sometimes that are interesting.

https://nextdoor.com/p/nKj_Zz8qhChg?view=detail&init_source=search&query=hummingbird

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

49 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

There is one guy on the neighborhood Next Door forum who has a nest observation camera set up in his back yard, who posts videos sometimes that are interesting

The link is members only. How about sharing a screenshot from your view of the video?