Ok...I got a rash..

petitepedal
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

Noticed it this morning..left neck area and around the chin on both sides..more on left than right...

Only thing different...worked out at a different gym facility...came dressed in my workout clothes and my face was not on anything..my neck may have been..or I probably touched my neck or face before I got home and cleaned up..

All you medical types..or doctor wannabes...chime in...it is still there now at 5:30pm :dontknow:

• Sad 1

It would be worth going to pharmacy and make sure you speak with licensed pharmacist.

One of the prescription cremes I have has a bit of steroid...but it strong and I was warned to use it sparingly since it can thin out the skin over time. I was  warned by the pharmacist how to use this creme.  To heal a strange cold like sore near mouth.. it lingered with me in 2021-2020 in winter time only.

Ask the  pharmacist what impetego (spelling?) is  like... if  surfaces aren't clean and one's hands might tranfer dirt/germs to face, other skin areas...there will be a rash..which will develop in a crust after a few days. I had this as a teen, on part of face. It required a prescription antibiotic creme. 

Impetego affected my youngest sister...as a baby. She got the same thing on her face..etc. It  is not an unusual skin condition.

***So go to the pharmacy now..if going to a doctor is not possible.

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

It would be worth going to pharmacy and make sure you speak with licensed pharmacist.

One of the prescription cremes I have has a bit of steroid...but it strong and I was warned to use it sparingly since it can thin out the skin over time. I was  warned by the pharmacist how to use this creme.  To heal a strange cold like sore near mouth.. it lingered with me in 2021-2020 in winter time only.

Ask the  pharmacist what impetego (spelling?) is  like... if  surfaces aren't clean and one's hands might tranfer dirt/germs to face, other skin areas...there will be a rash..which will develop in a crust after a few days. I had this as a teen, on part of face. It required a prescription antibiotic creme. 

Impetego affected my youngest sister...as a baby. She got the same thing on her face..etc. It  is not an unusual skin condition.

***So go to the pharmacy now..if going to a doctor is not possible.

I have been using cortisone ointments for about 40 years..familiar with issues using it...have a few other creams from my dermatologist for other things...my skin tends to react to stuff so I am cautious about what I put on it...if it seems worse tomorrow there is always urgent care...