Black fingernails

Dirtyhip

I had black nails for a while. Courtesy of a 28 oz. framing hammer.  I saw sparkles when that happened.....  That really sucked. 

But, I have a hunch yours aren't gonna turn purpleish and puce then fall off.

Had fun grossing out the kid with that .

subungual hematoma.

Immediately after your initial injury you can use a lighter and heat up a paperclip until it is glowing hot.  Push it down through the fingernail gently and it will create a hole for the pooled blood to come out. 

This was without a doubt my favorite thing to do in the ED.  Some of them had so much pressure that the blood would literally shoot out once you made a little hole. 

subungual hematoma.

Immediately after your initial injury you can use a lighter and heat up a paperclip until it is glowing hot.  Push it down through the fingernail gently and it will create a hole for the pooled blood to come out. 

This was without a doubt my favorite thing to do in the ED.  Some of them had so much pressure that the blood would literally shoot out once you made a little hole. 

Good grief.  Yuck!  

You and K do disgusting work.  haha

subungual hematoma.

Immediately after your initial injury you can use a lighter and heat up a paperclip until it is glowing hot. Push it down through the fingernail gently and it will create a hole for the pooled blood to come out.

This was without a doubt my favorite thing to do in the ED. Some of them had so much pressure that the blood would literally shoot out once you made a little hole.

yep.