We'll call you.

donkpow
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

You know, you go to the doctors and they all want you to fill out the same form multiple times a year. And they want you to give them all kinds of contact information including permissions for their automated messaging systems to contact you by phone, text, and email. Great, fine, works good, pain in the ass. So what happens? They want to call you on the phone and you have to sit there all day and wait for their call. And you go outside for a minute to deal with one of the stupid cats and they call you right then. WTF?! Message me! Email me! Text me! Voice mail me! I tried to call right back but the phone went directly to hold music. Now they will never call me back and it will be my fault.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, donkpow said:

and it will be my fault.

How could you arrive at this conclusion after building a strong case for their lack of use of those modern conveniences they portend to use when requesting all the contact info! 

At risk of sounding like a motivational speaker selling you into a pyramid scheme, it’s not your fault. 

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

How could you arrive at this conclusion after building a strong case for their lack of use of those modern conveniences they portend to use when requesting all the contact info! 

At risk of sounding like a motivational speaker selling you into a pyramid scheme, it’s not your fault. 

I can only hold out for so long. :(

• Solution
11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

it’s not your fault. 

Yes it is.  He doesn't get off that easy.  He wanted service.  He requested a return call.  He refused to take the call.

It's ALL on him.

Quit your whining Donk.

• Haha 1

I got a text message yesterday telling me I have an important message from my hospital system. I clicked on it and they want me to log into their website to get the important message. Screw dat, if it’s that important why don’t they just tell me in the text or call or email me?

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I just had a call back from my insurance company. When I answered a recorded message said: “Please hold for the next available representative”. I thought that was what I was supposed to avoid by having a call back?

You need some millennial training.  You can multi-task a bunch of useless stuff while the auto attendant is replaying her message every 15 seconds for the next 20 minutes.

Please don't hangup because your call is important to them.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, donkpow said:

So what happens? They want to call you on the phone

I kept getting unknown local calls after a doctors visit, but at least they left a message.  It didn't seem vital to call them back, but after three calls from them, and a "please go to the Emergen-care ASAP and ..." message, I called them back and had them cool their jets. Jeebus.  Nice people, but not all of us are retired and can pull ourselves away from the Cafe to take calls!

• Haha 2

I get a call or I phone the doctors' reception staff. Sure I might be put on hold for just 10 min. or less. They we can talk.  I've never had problem in getting through to doctors' reception. One doesn't talk directly on a matter, with doctor most of the time.....for the all doctors in 3 different provinces where I've lived in past few decades.

I would as a patient would book the appointment with testing lab, other services for screening, etc. Yes, another wait on phone occasionally but it hasn't been horrendous. ie. under 10 min. or so.

the only emails I get are appointment reminders and when a claim with  employer's health insurance company has processed it for my additional health care benefits.

However for people with complex health problems don't know what they experience for communications and source.

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

You know, you go to the doctors and they all want you to fill out the same form multiple times a year. And they want you to give them all kinds of contact information including permissions for their automated messaging systems to contact you by phone, text, and email. Great, fine, works good, pain in the ass. So what happens? They want to call you on the phone and you have to sit there all day and wait for their call. And you go outside for a minute to deal with one of the stupid cats and they call you right then. WTF?! Message me! Email me! Text me! Voice mail me! I tried to call right back but the phone went directly to hold music. Now they will never call me back and it will be my fault.

The office of the excellent surgeon who repaired my shoulder in 2017 had that stupid paperwork system.

I knew one of the workers, Lauren, from when she worked for the physical therapist I had previously gone to and I email her my weekly list of top free-agents to pick up in fantasy football.

So I told her, "I'm just going to write across the page, 'Same as the last three times I filled this out,'" and she just nodded her head, "Ok."

3 hours ago, donkpow said:

Yes indeed! I’ve experienced this many times over. 

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I got a text message yesterday telling me I have an important message from my hospital system. I clicked on it and they want me to log into their website to get the important message. Screw dat, if it’s that important why don’t they just tell me in the text or call or email me?

HIPAA...