Wordle for Wednesday, 5/4 (Spoiler!)

Road Runner

9 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Is stare a killer starting word or what?

Yes.  And whenever I go for an alternate, I always end up ruing my decision.  I may have to stay with STARE, at least until a word comes along that is perfect for ROATE.  Actually, ROATE would likely still have led me to use TRAIN as my second guess.  :)

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I knew you were gonna get a 2!  I should have 2!

Several times recently, I considered using TRAIN as my starting word.  That would have been cool, to get it in one.  But I guess that train has left the station.  :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Capture.JPG.81003631c1c6df5897d3f7802d66ff5d.JPG

I really didn't expect the solution word to be TRAIN.  It was just a tactical effort to find, eliminate and position letters.  I've used TRAIN before as my second guess.  But what the hell, I'll take it!!!  :D

You really should put your text in a spoiler when you are the OP. It shows before opening the thread.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I could have left it in if WORDLE would give us more guesses.

I was thinking recently (very unusual for me) that Wordle would be more challenging and more fun if 6 guesses was the goal.  So you would be trying to come up with words and letters that would culminate in a sixth-word solution.  Fun!  :nodhead:

12 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I was thinking recently (very unusual for me) that Wordle would be more challenging and more fun if 6 guesses was the goal.  So you would be trying to come up with words and letters that would culminate in a sixth-word solution.  Fun!  :nodhead:

There is nothing precluding you from playing it like that. Literally nothing in the rules to stop you. Win! 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

There is nothing precluding you from playing it like that. Literally nothing in the rules to stop you. Win! 

True dat!  Maybe I'll give it a shot on tomorrow's puzzle.  :)

We could have a whole separate thread for people who want to try to guess it in six.  :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 2