Do all Dallas teams suck in the playoffs?

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

At least it's not what Baltimore went through in 1969:

The Baltimore Bullets lost the NBA title series to the New York Knicks.

The Baltimore Orioles lost the MLB World Series to the New York Mets.

The Baltimore Colts lost the NFL Super Bowl to the New York Jets.

The Baltimore teams were favored in every series.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 11:50 AM, MickinMD said:

At least it's not what Baltimore went through in 1969:

The Baltimore Bullets lost the NBA title series to the New York Knicks.

The Baltimore Orioles lost the MLB World Series to the New York Mets.

The Baltimore Colts lost the NFL Super Bowl to the New York Jets.

The Baltimore teams were favored in every series.

Wow!  All these years and I didn't pick up on that.  Talk about taking blows on that one!  

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Wow!  All these years and I didn't pick up on that.  Talk about taking blows on that one!  

I was a teenager working my way through college in a fast-food place the evening after the highly-favored Baltimore Colts lost to big-mouth Joe Namath and the New York Jets.

Everyone who came in to get food wore a frown and said nothing except what was necessary to order.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Sounds like a very Boston-centric attitude. In other states, you can have two or more large metropolitan areas separated by many hours of driving. No reason to restrict pro sports to only one of those locations.

So you're not in favor of dumping all Philadelphia teams?

11 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Nor did anyone see them in the NBA Finals this year, either.  But I think they might just beat the Warriors. 

I'm thinking Mavs vs Celtics in the Finals.  :) 

The odds makers are picking Warriors, Celtics, Heat and Mavs, in that order, to win it all.  According to the ESPN experts this morning.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:42 AM, Road Runner said:

The odds makers are picking Warriors, Celtics, Heat and Mavs, in that order, to win it all.  According to the ESPN experts this morning.

They chose wisely.  I am not sure the Mavs will win a game in this series.  I could be wrong.  I usually am.

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

They chose wisely.  I am not sure the Mavs will win a game in this series.  I could be wrong.  I usually am.

I haven't completely lost faith yet.  They had a really bad night and the Warriors played well, and at home.  If the Mavs lose their first home game of the series (Sunday night), then it is over.  

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I was having this discussion with my son & SIL yesterday.  I think Luca gets the Mavs at least one win, maybe even two but ultimately I think they will lose the series. 

• Heart 1

Well, Boston lost it's first game in Miami and came back to trounce the Heat in game two.

So tonight maybe, the Mavs will bounce back and beat the Warriors in their game two in San Francisco.

After the first game in SF, the Warriors will be overconfident, and assuming the series will be a pushover, they will relax and take the night off, while the Mavs will be playing for their lives.  :)   The Mavs have them right where they want them.  :nodhead:

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Stars dumped their coaching staff today.  Head coach and three assistants not coming back.  

I don't like scapegoat mentality.

An organization (not to be named) I used to work with had some issues once.  A high-level person had an affair with a coworker on a business trip.  It created a scandal.  I don't have the details, or know their HR policies, but we'll assume it was not a sanctioned affair.  When asked publicly how they dealt with the matter, they indicated they fired the high-level executive. 

Firing people who fail is often a presented as the solution.  It rarely solves the problem.

50 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not a fan of embarrassing a great team anytime, but especially on their home court.

But in the NBA you can't take your foot off the gas.  Good teams can make big runs and all these teams are good.  There is an unwritten rule in the NBA - the winning team doesn't sub out their starters until the losing team does (i.e. I'm not stopping until you throw in the towel).

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

But in the NBA you can't take your foot off the gas.  Good teams can make big runs and all these teams are good.  There is an unwritten rule in the NBA - the winning team doesn't sub out their starters until the losing team does (i.e. I'm not stopping until you throw in the towel).

Yeah, the last few minutes last night weren't too exciting.  

On 5/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, Road Runner said:

I haven't completely lost faith yet.  They had a really bad night and the Warriors played well, and at home.  If the Mavs lose their first home game of the series (Sunday night), then it is over.  

It's over.  

• Heart 1