So, what’s your “yum” today?

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by goldendesign,

5 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Breakfast, lunch, plans for dinner? 

I tried a different blueberry muffin recipe today that uses all butter for the fat and some mashed up blueberries along with whole berries, but it called for 1 1/4 cups of sugar, so I scaled that back in favor of a little turbinado sugar sprinkled on top. They’re still quite yummy. 

I don't like blueberries, but I do like a homemade blueberry muffin. Guy in my bike club makes delicious ones. He's brought them to some rides :) 

• Heart 2

Steel cut oats with almonds for breakfast. I flavor my oats with a pinch of salt and dash of crushed red pepper. 

Lunch was a can of sardines with a tequila garlic lime pepper sauce a local guy sells at the farmers market. He uses habanero, scorpion 7 pot peppers. And a whole grain roll I bought this morning.

• Heart 2
  • Yum 1

In the office today, so lunch choices were somewhat limited.  Breakfast was a blueberry muffin, and dinner is likely to be baked ziti.  None of this is going to significantly improve my day.

• Hugs 2

57 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

@MoseySusan gave my brownies a sad...  :(

I didn’t give them a sad ☹️, but they are sad. Overly processed foods make me sad. There’s no love in there. Sifted flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa, sugar, butter, and vanilla might be a whole lot more calories but you’ll like them more better. Dieting is eating food that makes you sad - Julia Child told me that. 

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I had oatmeal for lunch.

Hmm…oatmeal is comfort food. :) I haven’t eaten lunch, yet. I ate breakfast at 11:00. There’s some leftover spaghetti and turkey meatballs in the fridge. mr. ate the rest of the leftover enchiladas. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Hmm…oatmeal is comfort food. :) I haven’t eaten lunch, yet. I ate breakfast at 11:00. There’s some leftover spaghetti and turkey meatballs in the fridge. mr. ate the rest of the leftover enchiladas. 

I’m making enchiladas tomorrow. A pan of chicken and a pan of beef. The filling is in the fridge waiting for me. I’ll make the bean dip tonight. 

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1

12 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m making green chili with pork and some home fries. It comes together like stew. Maybe fry an egg to top. 

There is a bar/restaurant near us with New Mexican cuisine.  Their green chile pork stew is great!

• Yum 1

For Friday, I still have a big enough chunk of roast beef for two meals that I pressure cooked in a delicious sauce of beef broth/tomato sauce/Worcestershire sauce.  The potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery are almost used up, so I'm going to make Kraft Extra-Creamy Mac & Cheese, with fried onions and a handful of extra sharp cheddar added.

I'm probably going to make chili next, or Polish golabkis - stuff cabbage.  I'll make enough of each for 5 or more dinners: when the weather's good, I'll be wearing myself out during the day as I work myself back into shape outside.

• Yum 1