I'm a looser

BR46

3 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The motorcycle that I was ready to buy today for my next race bike was the wrong model. Went to one motorcycle shop and they didn't have the parts I needed. Went to Wolf's motorsports and the fitting that I needed they didn't have in stock. Went to another store and they had one spark plug that I needed but not the other.....fuck it I need a beer so I stopped in at a little corner bar and......the Porter beer that I like was no longer on tap. 

I need a hug today 

:console:
:foryou:

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I'm really not the guy to talk to on things like this. Sorry. :dontknow:

You never gone to several motorcycle shops and race shops and didn't find the parts that you needed?

19 minutes ago, BR46 said:

You never gone to several motorcycle shops and race shops and didn't find the parts that you needed?

You should have seen the long gone motorcycle shop in my hometown. It was packed to the gills!  I think BSA and Triumph were their main brands. It sat idle and still packed a long time before it disappeared. 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

On the plus side, think of all the money you saved!!:nodhead:

I'm going to need the parts anyway...eventually I'm going to by a Yamaha xs650 and turn it into a race bike.

So spend it now or later 

44 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I mean the hugging part. I could put you in a sleeper hold, if you think that would help.

I would rather have a drink and take a nap on my own. 

Just now, BR46 said:

Looks like someone was learning how to ride a motorcycle and was riding the clutch 

Agree.  When I used to have a boat I had an explorer that was a 5 speed that pulled the boat.  My buddy would help me put the boat in and pull it out sometimes.  I bet the Explorer's clutch looked worse than that.  He was a little hard on it when pulling it out of the boat ramp.

• Heart 2

36 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Looks like someone was learning how to ride a motorcycle and was riding the clutch 

Thats what we're thinking. Someone bought it new, burned up the clutch, then parked it for four years. Cant imagine what that little bike went though. :( 

It was slipping the day I bought it on the way home with only 85 miles on the odometer. And I was just driving 40/45mph down country roads. Called the dealer when I got home, They blamed me, claimed I was doing burnouts with it.  Yeah, I traded them my 750 cc for a 250 cc to do burnouts. :rolleyes: 

Live and learn, I'll never buy used, even when it looks like new. And certainly never do business with that dealer again.

Hopefully its fixed. If not I'm dumping it and going back to a Honda. ;)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t see any springs in that box of parts, I hope they changed them. Did the dealer cover the repairs?

If he needs heavier spring I probably have are a hundred laying around.

I have some that can handle 80+ hp that still will work for the 25 hp that he has. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Drop it off at 46’s garage. In a few days it will be pushing 30 hp.

A good built 450 can hit around 70 hp so I don't see why we couldn't find 30+ hp.

My son knows the guy who's in charge of the performance parts and accessories for Yamaha if that would help. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I saw that just a few days ago here.   Yeah... a large dog was in a sidecar, just sitting there enjoying the ride. 

Was it Waffles?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I just rode the first 45 miles with the new clutch. So far, night and day difference. No more needing to keep it under half throttle or keeping it one or two gears lower than necessary to prevent it from slipping. I no longer need a quarter mile worth of space to pull out into traffic. And unlike my old 200cc Twinstar, the accelerator lives up to its name and not just a volume control. Starting to plan my dual sport trips for the summer without fear of needing to push it home.  :happyanim:

xt250 shell (2).jpg

• Heart 3

13 hours ago, team scooter said:

My son has two snowmobile sleighs. He bought one, then a week later found this perfectly pristine refinished one. I thought that one of these would make a great, lightweight sidecar shell. :nodhead:

cat cutter.jpeg

How about this..all you need is a empty oil drum

279791312_3183864065221893_903672526053446532_n.thumb.jpg.1e89d4fa6e438b89714ba76b4aed37eb.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1