Saturday

Airehead

Going to a Winnie the Pooh exhibit at a local garden. Unfortunately it's rainy today. The exhibit is inside the Conservatory which is good but I suspect we won't be walking around the other gardens. But we'll likely go to lunch, so that should be fun 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Going to a Winnie the Pooh exhibit at a local garden. Unfortunately it's rainy today. The exhibit is inside the Conservatory which is good but I suspect we won't be walking around the other gardens. But we'll likely go to lunch, so that should be fun 

I am a fan of the bear. Take pictures, please

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Oh bother. 

• Heart 4

gonna vote and then clean inside... gonna get up to 102 or something stupid like that today.

Then later tonight I am gonna listen to the wife complain on what the heat did to her garden and how she hates Texas 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Have to give some super muddy dogs baths.  Rain the last 2 days have turned their play yards into mud.  Then they decided they would like to try life as groundhogs.  Beretta is very mad at me that she had to stay in the outdoor kennel over night and not come in our bedroom.  Would you like to come give some huskies baths? They like baths and will make sure you get one too.

Why am I not seeing offers to give these groundhogs baths?

• Haha 2

mr. is smoking brisket and puttering in the yard. Everything is in bloom.

After I take Second Child to bocce practice, we’re picking up First Child and moseying up to Madrid to take photos, poke around, and eat green chili cheeseburgers. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

9 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I'm sure you need a mud bath.

I passed on the chance today. Gravel race today in Loudoun County. I drove up there in the rain. 50f windy and 39 miles in steady rain on gravel roads. I picked up my t-shirt and said no. Here’s the start / finish, Bluemont Station brewing: 

1954BD55-8AFC-4514-AE32-BE0EB27A00EA.jpeg

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Have to give some super muddy dogs baths.  Rain the last 2 days have turned their play yards into mud.  Then they decided they would like to try life as groundhogs.  Beretta is very mad at me that she had to stay in the outdoor kennel over night and not come in our bedroom.  Would you like to come give some huskies baths? They like baths and will make sure you get one too.

Seems like you should wait u til the yard dries. 

17 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

If I don't let her in the house tonight Beretta may be mad enough to run to New York to live with you.  Are you prepared for a mud mess?

Yes, we are experienced in this matter. 

• Awesome 1

After I got back, I made a preemptive strike against my enemies, the Yellowjackets. Sprayed a foam sealant in the 2 holes where they got in the past two years. Someone drilled a hole in the garage to thread a tv cable through there. Yellowjackets exploited that. We’ll see if it holds up. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Please provide a report after the ride. 

Tour de Stooges Moe Metric Century 2022. Only 1,722 feet elevation. Great weather. Started out at 54°F and ended in the mid-60s. Blue skies with 10 mph winds out of the north. 9 Strava awards including 5 PRs.

https://www.strava.com/activities/7103858437

After the ride there was food served at the college dining hall and Three Stooges videos on the TV screens.

• Heart 3

I inherited my Dad’s Weber grill. Will be cooking on it for the first time - Delmonico steaks 🥩 tonight. Asparagus and potatoes. 

Planning to watch Leon Uris Exodus tonight. Last night watched the Last Waltz, about a retirement concert for a mostly Canadian singing group. 

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1

46 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Tour de Stooges Moe Metric Century 2022. Only 1,722 feet elevation. Great weather. Started out at 54°F and ended in the mid-60s. Blue skies with 10 mph winds out of the north. 9 Strava awards including 5 PRs.

https://www.strava.com/activities/7103858437

After the ride there was food served at the college dining hall and Three Stooges videos on the TV screens.

Sounds like a great day 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I inherited my Dad’s Weber grill. Will be cooking on it for the first time - Delmonico steaks 🥩 tonight. Asparagus and potatoes. 

Planning to watch Leon Uris Exodus tonight. Last night watched the Last Waltz, about a retirement concert for a mostly Canadian singing group. 

The Weber, gas or charcoal. Asking for a friend. The Last Waltz was a great show. Some other musicians showed up a played with them right?

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

The Weber, gas or charcoal. Asking for a friend. The Last Waltz was a great show. Some other musicians showed up a played with them right?

There were a few other musicians with the band. Neil Young - a Canadian performer. A couple of folk singers, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Emmylou Harris. Blues singer with a dirty name - Muddy Waters. Dr Hook, Neil Diamond, and probably more I can’t remember. 

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Longjohn this seems like a great way to spend a day. The littles are not so little any more. 

I can’t believe how much they have grown. My oldest granddaughter has passed up her mom in height and the next one down is the same height as mom. The kids all have activities keeping their parents busy. Soccer games for the littles and band and chorus for the older girls and basketball and church activities.

• Heart 1