Would you rather eat a tuna fish sandwich or . . .

sheep_herder

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm not familiar with the tuna fish, pickle relish thing. I would try it.

Depends on the chips.

I love a recently whirled hummus. 

We mix canned tuna fish and maybe a hardboiled egg with mayonnaise with pickle relish that my wife cans each summer. I like low-salt corn chips. but other chips or crackers can also be used.

• Yum 1

8 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

We mix canned tuna fish and maybe a hardboiled egg with mayonnaise with pickle relish that my wife cans each summer. I like low-salt corn chips. but other chips or crackers can also be used.

I get the pickle relish with fish and mayonnaise. However I wouldn't have thought adding hardboiled egg..interesting.

What I do for snack for myself, is flaking canned salmon with mustard. Sometimes that's with cooked pasta.

I don't buy mayonnaise. I just lost interest decades ago.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

I get the pickle relish with fish and mayonnaise. However I wouldn't have thought adding hardboiled egg..interesting.

What I do for snack for myself, is flaking canned salmon with mustard. I don't buy mayonnaise. I just lost interest decades ago.

We sometimes add a splash of mustard.

• Heart 2

I'd rather eat the tuna fish with a tomato.  I mix the tuna with a dash of mayo and some chopped jalapeno and pepper.  If I'm in a hurry I use the premade packet from the store.

I do take tuna fish sandwiches to the races.  The above mixture on white bread in a sandwich baggie put inside a larger baggie with an ice pack.

• Heart 1

Due to the diabetus I tend to skip the bread when I eat tuna but I do like some pickle relish & Mayo in it. Lately I have been getting tuna in olive oil and just eating it out of the can.  

But If I wasn’t diabetic I’d make a sammich with tomato. 

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

eat the tuna fish mixed with some good pickle relish with corn chips? I prefer the dip and chips.

Sweet pickle relish no, kosher (sour) pickle relish - yes.  Good idea, thanks: I just put it on my shopping list.

My parents always made tuna salad with eggs, I don't but have been thinking of doing it next time for variety.

My tuna salad starts with solid tuna in water: Costco still sells their Kirkland store-brand in 7 oz cans (8 packs for cheap) - which Starkist, etc. no longer do with their typical 5 oz. store cans. It is better than Starkist or Bumblebee and when I squeeze the cut-off lid to dump the water, the tuna doesn't squeeze down: Bumblebee shrinks down 1/4 of an inch and is often not a solid, single piece like Kirkland.  Note that Bumblebee makes the Kirkland product, but it costs more (about $15.99/eight 7 oz cans) than Bumblebee or Chicken of the Sea do at Costco, even when they are sold in 7 oz. cans.

Note also that chunk light tuna includes everything that gets trapped in the net along with the tuna: "a lot of bycatch, including seabirds, sharks, turtles and dolphins."

The salad I make is two cans of tuna with the solid white broken into chunks, two or three sandwich-sized slices of sweet onion cut into bite-size pieces, celery seed, garlic powder, thyme and maybe some Old Bay Seafood Seasoning, plus whatever amount of low-fat mayonnaise I need to make it juicy enough.

Then it's served between two slices of bread with lettuce.

• Heart 1