Sunday, what are you doing?

Airehead

Having first cup of coffee. I made it myself. Gave Wo7 her birthday and Mother’s Day cards. Going to make her some eggs soon. Take So7 to the airport around 8 to pick up a rental car. He’s driving to NC for three weeks of training and orientation. Make meatballs later. What channel is the racing on?

• Heart 2

Laundry:cheerleader: we had hot water issues Friday and Saturday..as bored president I got and made calls..finally the folks who provide boiler service were out and got it running last evening..it is still up this morning 🤞

Rainy day forecast...I plan to attack dust bunnies and get groceries :cheerleader:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Laundry:cheerleader: we had hot water issues Friday and Saturday..as bored president I got and made calls..finally the folks who provide boiler service were out and got it running last evening..it is still up this morning 🤞

Rainy day forecast...I plan to attack dust bunnies and get groceries :cheerleader:

Lack of hot water will definitely bring complaints 

It's rainy, very windy, and a little chilly outside so it's overdue housecleaning today - mostly vacuuming the hardwood floors and scrubbing the Congoleum floors.

I bought a "Swiffer Wet Jet" plus some replacement pads.  I've never used one before so this should be fun!

If it doesn't do a good enough job, I have a scrub brush on a pole, a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (sponge)" squeeze mop with a built-in wringer, and a bucket and Simple Green cleaning liquid.  They've done the job in the past.

There's also dust on some of the furniture, streaks on some of my kitchen appliances, and, instead of the one-spray-for-all I've used before, I have the sprays specifically made for stainless steel, wood, and leather.  We'll see how they do.  I applied a little of of the leather stuff to the underside of my faux-leather recliner and it worked fine without causing a stain.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It's rainy, very windy, and a little chilly outside so it's overdue housecleaning today - mostly vacuuming the hardwood floors and scrubbing the Congoleum floors.

I bought a "Swiffer Wet Jet" plus some replacement pads.  I've never used one before so this should be fun!

If it doesn't do a good enough job, I have a scrub brush on a pole, a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (sponge)" squeeze mop with a built-in wringer, and a bucket and Simple Green cleaning liquid.  They've done the job in the past.

There's also dust on some of the furniture, streaks on some of my kitchen appliances, and, instead of the one-spray-for-all I've used before, I have the sprays specifically made for stainless steel, wood, and leather.  We'll see how they do.  I applied a little of of the leather stuff to the underside of my faux-leather recliner and it worked fine without causing a stain.

Check the cleaning recommendations for your floor.  We have a fake wood floor in a small area upstairs, the installer said to clean it with water only.

• Heart 1

Early here.  Having coffee right now.  Will do a menu and go grocery shopping for the week, then this afternoon probably pressure spray the deck and get it ready for the patio furniture if the rain holds off.  Then some laundry this evening.  My wife is writing student teacher assessments all day so I am pretty much on my own.

• Heart 1

Still cleaning the house, then taking the wife out for Mother’s Day. Thinking I’ll take her to the cruise-in with the old car.. since it’s her day, why do what she wants :)

be sure to follow me for more life endangering advice! 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Just got home from church and picnic with my Mom. Beautiful day, a bit chilly but not bad. Young lady in the pink is my niece. We got my mom the Mama shirt to go along with ours.

B9BE70C8-9065-4E58-AA00-B31D1AC22B12.jpeg

17BC612B-232D-452D-8178-88B166DF320D.jpeg

582B0E8C-7334-4F04-A9E9-8F7E320300B8.jpeg

60ADB7CF-5BC8-441F-BF8A-29CBC8B472C0.jpeg

Treasures. What did you end up eating?

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Chicken Salad sandwiches, potato salad and garden salad. My chicken salad sandwiches didn’t turn out that great, but we still had a nice time. 

Bummer about the chicken salad. 

• Thank You 1

I did some grocery shopping and was being industrious and decided to do some admin stuff.  That ended up with me having to call a help line and that took up much longer of my day than I expected.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Spent most of the afternoon wandering in the woods.  I did not find any mushrooms.  Others are finding some so I guess I must be blind or we don't have them yet in our woods.

they have been finding Morals for about a week around here

• Heart 2

I went to church, then went to a big grocery store to get a card and some ice cream cups for my mother in law. All they had were empty racks in the Mother’s Day card section. Completely sold out except for about six from your husband on Mother’s Day cards. I bought a blank card and wrote in it “For my favorite mother in law, happy Mother’s Day”. My little grocery store always has Breyers chocolate ice cream cups and mom really likes them. This big store only had some individual fancy brand ice cream in little containers. I bought her eight of those and she ate one as soon as I gave it to her. She said they are very good.

My sister in law said she will make sure mom doesn’t forget to eat them. I kissed mom on the forehead and told her I love her and happy Mother’s Day.

Nancy was texting me everything that was happening in Cincinnati this weekend. Itsaso’s team won both game yesterday and the first game today. They lost the second game by ten points. 🙁

I went for a twenty mile ride around the neighborhood when I got home.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Went to see Mom and found her on the floor! She said she fell out of bed. After I called for an aide and checked for injuries (she’s fine), I asked her if she was jumping on the bed. What? Nooooo. We had a laugh on that one. My brother showed up as did one of our sister’s daughters. I hadn’t seen Caitlin in over ten years. She lives near Richmond. She had a parrot named Louie with her. Nice bird, Mom liked the visit. We need to talk to the Assisted Living place about Mom. She isn’t able to walk as her motor skills have really gotten poor. Mom has a call button but won’t use it, because she doesn’t want to bother anyone. 

• Hugs 3