A thought on aging

Further

It ain't easy...but..we made it this far...

It has its ups and downs..and the downs can be harder to get up from (especially if you break something on the down :whistle:)

It takes a lot to charge our batteries..and they only last half the time they use to:whistle:

Slow down and enjoy the pace.

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Yep, but it was cheaper at Tractor  Supply

I hadn't checked out Tractor Supply in a long time, but went there a couple months ago to see if they had tall tomato cages.  They didn't have the 5' tall cages I want but they still have lots of great stuff at great prices as I remembered they did, from standard tools to useful gadgets to great stuff for the yard.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Daughter #2 and I are disappointed at tractor supply. They seem to have sold me dead strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry plants. They have a no grow guarantee but that doesn’t cover the lost opportunity. 

I have not had good luck with plants from TS

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Daughter #2 and I are disappointed at tractor supply. They seem to have sold me dead strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry plants. They have a no grow guarantee but that doesn’t cover the lost opportunity. 

17 hours ago, Further said:

I have not had good luck with plants from TS

I really don’t think they are a garden shop. Did they come bare root or did they have leaves?

9 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I really don’t think they are a garden shop. Did they come bare root or did they have leaves?

Dormant as in bare root, but with dirt, so that was snot something I had seen before. The plants are very black so they just look dead. The raspberry stem just snapped right off. I was encouraged by them for garden stuff since they are aboot the only place that carries onion sets around me but it sounds like you are right.  

On 5/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, Airehead said:

Yep, but it was cheaper at Tractor  Supply

I was trying to think of the name Tractor Supply last weekend, when we passed by Fleet Farm in the Twin Cities.  We had Tractor Supply in central Indiana and Illinois.